CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

mrhp dyno #'s?? on this kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mrhp dyno #'s?? on this kit

On his dyno it may be 60 hp, on my dyno it may be 45hp, Who Cares!!!! You should not be worried about peak dyno # as they will all vary from one dyno to another. What you should be concerned with is what the dyno graph looked like, where was the torque at? Was it a smooth powerband or a quick and steep one?

Old 05-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sandaholic
On his dyno it may be 60 hp, on my dyno it may be 45hp, Who Cares!!!! You should not be worried about peak dyno # as they will all vary from one dyno to another. What you should be concerned with is what the dyno graph looked like, where was the torque at? Was it a smooth powerband or a quick and steep one?
yup just a good testing & tuning tool

Old 05-16-2005, 09:52 PM
H
Pro Rider

I've seen a few of the HPR equiped bikes run and I wasn't too impressed. They weren't any faster than similiarly modded Woods bikes, so is it worth the extra $ for the HPR stuff? Not to me.

Old 05-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, not to start a bashing session here, but apparently you havent run across the right HPR bikes....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] As far as hp numbers are concerned...show me some numbers!

Old 05-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SANDWORKS
Originally posted by: CountryJoeGlass
It depends on which dyno #'s your looking for? Which pipe? You seem to be always looking for HPR #'s?
Whats wrong with looking for hpr's hp numbers??? Something wrong with that? I heard it was close to 60 but i was just wondering. Man chill out!!

Somebody knows come on, with out porting!

just a lectron, intake, cams, 14-1, with whatever pipe that mrhp dynoed.

THANK YOU!
Not a problem!

Old 05-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: H
I've seen a few of the HPR equiped bikes run and I wasn't too impressed. They weren't any faster than similiarly modded Woods bikes, so is it worth the extra $ for the HPR stuff? Not to me.
H, just because they buy HPR parts dont show that they know how to go fast, at this point I have worked with parts from all of the above, woods and pami and most of the others, except the bom and I will say IM VERY EMPRESSED with HPR. I know of a little 800 that dyno #s were in the high 80s and ran mid 4s all motor on gas in the heat of the day. To date I aint seen nothing close to that out of a DS. Did I say IM EMPRESSED hail yea!!!!!!

Old 05-16-2005, 11:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Everyone has a right to speak of their own observations... "H" isnt bashing, hes just telling it like he sees it. People shouldnt nut hug so hard to the point of defense because someones got an opinion, and just because a bike has HPR parts on it dont mean its the fatsest in the world. Some of you guys make me laugh..LOL... What im getting at is that Ive seen many hpr bike run in person and on video. The 800s were fast and very impressive.. Ive ran against them and won a few and lost a few. Its all about weight tuning and set-up. Eric has the builder skills and equipement and knowlegde to go fast and build a solid motor. You also have to be a great tuner and he is that also. Some people may get a fresh 800cc hpr sent and not know how to tune, and they wont get the full potential out of it. Ive seen alot of bikes ALL builder that I wasnt to impressed with, you know whos got their bike dialed in... I also have seen alot of bikes at the dunes, PAMI TVI etc with WRONG combos set -up and think if they had the right carb and pipe set up it would be a different bike.

And Sandbomber has a perfect combo with the light super light pimped out chassy with big 800+ monster that is one of the best set-up combos ive seen. Im impressed with the lecton and drag pipe also, those 2 things can wake a motor up that is held back by a set of duall 39s and mbrp pipe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thebomb, hpr and jeffinrivercity, and sandbomber need to do some racin at DS days. Of my bike is ready by them I will come give you all a moppin!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2005, 11:29 PM
H
Pro Rider

No, I'm not bashing HPR. Eric keeps pushing the envelope on DS performance whileothers are resting on their laurels. I'm saying I personaly haven't seen any of his bikes run rings around any others. I've seen some on the dyno I know the tuning was right maybe it was the rider maybe not. I know a lot of people are nuts for HPR. I just need a little bit more convincing.

Old 05-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I luv opinions!!!!!!!! His and mine, thats what the forums about, and yours cuz Im commming south just for YOU[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Cant wait for DSdays even if I get my butt spanked I will bow to ya, but if I spank you there will be sum razzen going on he he he SO you better get her done!!!!!! before I get there

Old 05-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

H, I know what ya mean, Im just excited about what hpr is doing just in the last few days they have pulled more hp out of the DS even still!!!!! Hard not getting jazzed

Quick Reply: mrhp dyno #'s?? on this kit