CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Some quick help with FMF Ti-4

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005 | 12:11 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default Some quick help with FMF Ti-4

Alright well I had gotten rid of the To-4 exhaust and just decided to go back so I ordered a new silencer and they did not send me the mounting straps, I don't want to waste time trying to get them or wait for shipping so I was wondering if anyone here running this exhaust could tell me or give me at best an estimate at the mounting straps, they come in 3 sizes small, medium and large. Thinking back I'm guessing it uses a large one towards the motor becuase there was a large space and a smaller one towards the rear, but i'm not going to throw 19 bucks down the drain going on my porr memory so any help would be appreciated. Also I tried calling them and guess what amazing as it is they shipped them before with them and devloped them, but they could not tell me what size straps I need haha

Old 05-20-2005 | 04:15 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I just so happen to have a TI-4. I purchased mine used and mounted like this, I bolted the two 4" straps to the rear grab bar bolt locations and used spacers included and one of my own two locate it properly. The two clamps supplied have different mounting lengths, 1" and 1/2" from the edge of the silencer to the bolt hole center. The longer of the two I mounted closer to the engine and the shorter to the rear. It seemed to line up right.
I hope this answers your questions and I'm glad to help, I just bought an old Honda Pilot and asked some questions on a Pilot/odyssey forum and really haven't got jack for replies. This forum can really spoil a person.

Old 05-20-2005 | 07:56 AM
|
Pro Rider

Alright thanks alot, I'm just going to call FMF and tell them the approximate lengths and hopefully they can atleast tell me which ones they are and if not I'll just order a large and small and make them work. Thanks alot

Old 05-20-2005 | 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

If you don't figure it out I think I have one laying around the garage some place. If I can find it I will ship it to you free of charge. PM me if you are interested.