CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

really need help here guys(alky cant get it right)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default really need help her guys(alky cant get it right)

well i started out with a 300 main middle notch on the 95 needle and 65 pilot ran like crap-- poped like was way to rich--so then i tried 55pilot 2nd notch on the needle and 295 main still same thing-- temp is around 750 to 800 at idle climbs to1350 to 1400 at half--I shut it down there-- this was with 55pilot 2nd notch and295 main---i even tried no pilot 2nd notch 300 main ouch!!!! it made the sticker in my r4 pipe burn off -it was so rich ---please help
ported intake
tm45 w/direct mount filter
slip on r4 white bros
stock cdi
stock every thing

Old 05-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default really need help here guys(alky cant get it right)

when i was running alky im almost positive i was running a 320 or 330 on the main with the needle in the next to the richest position with like a 60 or 65 pilot...

Old 05-22-2005, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

Dont know much about the jets......but i like your grab bar in ur pictures nice...good luck

Old 05-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the reply big show --was starting to think i was all alone on this --when i took the pilot out it made it way to rich--tail pipe was on fire inside almost caught the garage on fire it burnt the white bro r4 emblem off the pipe--i wasnt looking at the pipe at the time i was looking at the egt --- well im off to try something else

Old 05-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

bigbird, make sire BOTH of you plugs are firing.. You may have a fouled plug, and if so you will be very rich.

bigger.

Old 05-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Bigbird,

Poping and 1400egt readings at half throttle sounds lean to me.

Old 05-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
bigbird, make sire BOTH of you plugs are firing.. You may have a fouled plug, and if so you will be very rich.

bigger.
I had this problem on my last dune trip. Lots of black smoke/soot coming out of the exhaust. Leaning out the carb didn't seem to help. Changed out the plugs and waala!

Old 05-23-2005, 03:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MisterHP
Bigbird,

Poping and 1400egt readings at half throttle sounds lean to me.

YES,, 1400 on alky is way lean.

When I used to run a 45mm on alky I drilled my Pilot jet to .075 and then drilled out the main jet as big as I could get it, without drilling into the threads. With the stock needle tube I had the needle on the second from the bottm clip. It always ran excellent.

I threw the RWR alky jets in the drawer and never used them again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 05-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

never even crossed my mind about the plugs getting fouled thanks it will be wednesday when i try again--i work nights tonight and tues --so ill get you all informed thanks guys for helping

Old 05-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah Im with these guys. Ive had the same thing happen. Fouled a plug and it ran on one but ran like $hit. I found with alky you can run very rich with not alot of problems other than milky oil. By the way I bought Biggers TM a while back and yes the jets were drilled and that thing woke my bike up. I think if you change the plugs and go back to your starting point you will be fine. Are you running the stock pitcock? One thing that happened to me when I first started using alky is it turned the seal in my billet gas cap loose and the rubber fell into the tank. It stopped up the pitcock and it would hardly run. This is obviously not whats happening but just like to throw those learning experiences out there. You never know who could be in the same boat. Thats what I like about the forums. Im always learning new things

Quick Reply: really need help here guys(alky cant get it right)