CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS light

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 01:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS light

Ok guys take a look at the lightest rear end on stock frame I can do! pic 1 and 7 A few tricks I will share #1 jj&a 26inch axle, #2 shee or honda hubs with tripple buff tires #3 shee front brake #4 honda sprocket hub that takes small alum sprocket #5 ti 520 chain and sidewinder front 16 sprocket #6 in my case 9 over ti swingarm or cro-moly with wheelie wheel mounts to be welded in next couple weeks #7 small marvin shaw weights nothing!! #8 rear sub frame lightened with battery on the front now and no plastics #9 swiss cheese seat bottom. That does it for the rear and working on the front now with a couple things comming in next week for labor day. Eric is building a one piece steering stem that should be a sweet saving!!! I will post more pics as it goes together and get that PIG on the scale next week LOL If she weights over 340 we will make bacon out of her[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Just wanted to share with all the weight questions lately

Old 08-24-2005, 02:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default DS light

Your a sick man!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Sounds killer dude. With that weight and Hp#s you should easily hit 70+MPH up sand Mt in Nevada. Cant wait to see the pics.

Old 08-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Default DS light

Looks like were going to have to put the DS in counseling after all these weight loss programs and on track abuse!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default DS light

Hell sandbomber i almost weigh more than your bike. Nice job, what kind of maximum weight capacity are we talking for the rider?

Old 08-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default DS light

Its looking good. Wait until you see the new and improved Spiderbike....hoping to tip the scales around 290-300lb range. I almost got the rear end right....now we will be working on the frontend. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 12:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default DS light

Originally posted by: 2BIG2BFAST
Hell sandbomber i almost weigh more than your bike. Nice job, what kind of maximum weight capacity are we talking for the rider?
I have recruited a 149lb rider for this baby[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] But she will carry the load limit if needed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Mario I will not be at sand mt for Labor Day. We will be working on getting ready for 4 stroke wars and local test and tune here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 12:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default DS light

Originally posted by: MisterHP
Looks like were going to have to put the DS in counseling after all these weight loss programs and on track abuse!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I think it will be the crapturds and shees that need the counleling LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS light

I think it will be the crapturds and shees that need the counleling LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/quote]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS light

Glen, did you drill a ton of holes in the bottom of the seat?

I shaved a few pounds this year. Hopefully next year I can loose a little more.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default DS light

Originally posted by: VEGAS650
Glen, did you drill a ton of holes in the bottom of the seat?

I shaved a few pounds this year. Hopefully next year I can loose a little more.
1 1/2 hole saw and wa-laa it looks like swiss cheese[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

I now have the hook up for all the cro-moly parts needed for the DS in the future!!! I will be a dealer for Midcal racing and they will make anything we need for racing. I will get Eric to send aarms asap so we can move wheels forward and be able to use jr dragster front tires[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] yee haaaa at last the DS will have more light weight parts that we dont have to mod to work!!!! swingarms, axles, and a arms for the Pig coming soon

Quick Reply: DS light