CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

KMS TURBO HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 02:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMS TURBO HELP

The assembly is finish.
When I turn the ignition key, a noise is made hear during 3 sec., it is the pump which engages. And of the fuel by the gas cap 2 second.
Then when I press on the button "start", the demarror turns, but the engine does not start.
When I support on "start" the pump fuel does not function, only the starter functions. The vtt to start 3 times in the course of the day: 2 times 1 second and 1 time during 3 second.
The time where the engine with started during 3 seconds. We had turned the ignition key several times, to make turn the pump several times.

The cablages are correct. The pump is in the good direction.
The injector sendings 1 only jet then more nothing. Is there a safety électronik???
Is necessary it to be useful of the portable computer before the startup? because for the moment didn't us connect them together???

The quad must turn for Saturday and Sunday. Help me!!!!!
help help help !!!!!!!

Old 09-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default KMS TURBO HELP

2 things come to mind,

1. The ECU will not fire the injectors if the battery is in a weakened condition. THe ECU requires about 10 Volts minimum while the motors is cranking to fire the plugs. The DS battery drains quickly. Jump the vehicle with another 12 v source ie. car, truck. IF you are still not getting the injector firing than you may not have a good connection from the trigger coil to the EFI wireing harness.

2. The ECU gets it's signal from the trigger coil coming from the stator area of the motor, the instructions to hook up the harness to the signal wire came with the Turbo system, if this wire is not soldered together you may get an intermittent signal or none at all and the ECU won't know when to fire the injectors.
let us know what you find out.
a lap top computer is not necessary to start the bike.
good luck

Old 09-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KMS TURBO HELP

the battery is ok.
The welding of the orange wire was éffectué on the wire (white/green)du TDCI. Is this correct???

There are 5 wire of them:
the white/green, two black, a black/yellow and a red.

With the setting of the contact (key) the pump functions 3 seconds and the gasoline runs speaks tank filler cap.
But when I supports on "start", the injector does not inject.

Have of other solution.

Thank you to have answered me Majorecho

Old 09-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default KMS TURBO HELP

I just checked my wiring harness, the orange is soldered to the black/yellow. What is the voltage at the battery while the motor is cranking over?

Old 09-06-2005, 03:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default KMS TURBO HELP

thank you for your answer and your assistance.

I welded the wire orange onto the black/yellow, the injector functions but there is no more spark with the candle.
The DS does not start tjs not. KMS certifies to me that it orange must be welded onto the green. In the two DS does not start.
Either not of spark, or not of injection.

Where is the problem?

HELP, HELP