CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

A little story

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little story

Yesterday I ride my Ds 03 Baja on the street for about 250km (125mls ?) and sudenly my baja start running like frog.I check the gas ...still have,and i started again the engine...lose electric...battery dead!today I tried to find whats the problem could be and I put my baja on lift and guest what i get....I almost loose the axel ! about 1,5 hours i fix that problems and put back together.at that time I have to replace the bearing inside( both of them) and the outside string seal (both) and the problem fixed.but my major problem actually that my baja running like frog with new battery inside and no more baterry power left.just dead battery.how it be happends?

Guys,i have a little tip for you :
lift up your DS like you want to replace your rear tires and try move the whells up down up down and see if its playing,if yes...you are in big trouble...this problem can cause you loosing the axel from swing arm like mine.
if the ds on the ground and you play the whells up down or drive the quad...you wont see or feel the problem, only if the axel loosed from the swingarm.
Ihope you guys can check yours.
Regards,
Mcloud..

Old 09-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little story

i had a similar problem, dead battery and running jumpy

get it started and turn on your lights see if that helps your frog...it helped mine...so i replaced my reg/rec and got a new battery..so far so good