CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Badlands Indiana Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Badlands Indiana Tomorrow

A few of us are headed to Badlands in the morning - Sept. 30 - Friday.

We're sitting here at work now, and leaving as soon as we clock out tomorrow morning, gonna be there when the gates open.

Its kindof a spur-of-the-moment decision, the weather is just too awesome to not ride!! Come if you can!

Old 09-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris,

If I my two girls weren't off school tomorrow I'd drive out and meet up with you. I still haven't had my new bike on any trails yet and I'm dying to get a ride in to see how the long travel elkas handle everything. I'm sure we will meet up again soon. We must be on the same shift. Are you still on a 5 week rotation 6-6?

Old 09-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

Rockey, great to hear you are back riding again! I won't be there tomorrow, but I hope to be riding soon.

Old 09-29-2005, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigWaynester
Rockey, great to hear you are back riding again! I won't be there tomorrow, but I hope to be riding soon.
Hey Dude! Last time I rode with you was a great time. Except the fractured wrist(?) I read about your quad getting stolen a while back and your bad luck trying to get johnny law to help. If you ever catch the b@stards and need help with another quad to quarter them just let me know.

Hopefully we can all ride again soon.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

my shift is a 4 week rotation, I work 7 day shifts and 7 night shifts in a 28 day period all 12.5 hour shifts, flip back and forth 4 times thru the course of it, get two weekends off in a row, and work two weekends in a row, and always have a full 7 day off block each and every month - kindof a mini vacation, half of which gets used up playing catchup to everything I got behind on in life from the long hours. its the screwiest schedule I've ever heard of the way it is layed out, nothing like it, a freakin DuPont creation.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

Sure wish you were going sat. I am pretty sure that I am going and I know a couple other people from these forums are gonna be there sat. Your right we are just about out of good weather. Keep an eye out for a 03 ds650 baja "orange and black + 03 pred 500 "silver + black + red, being pulled on a 2 place trailer and a maroon ext. cab silverado with yellow primered cab corners LOL. IF YOU DECIDE ON SAT. RUSS

Old 09-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cool Russ, we'll have to hook up sometime, but I can't saturday due to opening day of Bow Season.
But we ride Badlands all winter, snow riding there is great when everyplace else is a sloppy muddy mess you always got Badlands.
Worst thing about Badlands is the dust in the summer, falltime riding is our favorite!!

Old 09-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe I will have to try the winter thing, I hate the cold though, kinda a woosy in the cold, LOL'S. But yes we'll hook up sometime I'm sure. I will keep up to date with ya. Have fun. RUSS

Old 09-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

winter riding is great, especially if the ground is good and froze hard. dress warm with wool socks and good gloves with a gor-tex liner to keep the wind from biting your knuckles, and wear a balaclava under the helmet to keep the face from frostbite and you are good to go!
I draw the line at single digits though, when it gets down to zero I'd rather be by the fireplace, unless I'm on the ice fishing for bluegills!