CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Disappointing Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 04:04 PM
amd
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointing Dyno results

Choose is 100 percent right.....

Old 10-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldnt be disapointed with 51.62. Unfortunatly some dyno's are more conservative than others. My bike dyno'ed out at 58hp on TVI's dyno with just the big bore, carb, ported intake and open end cap, no head work or tuning. I havnt had it on the dyno since all the head work and new CT pipe and nitrous. But Donals Turbo DS Dyno'ed at 75 hp the same day we dynoed mine and since then he went to alcohol and way better tuning. Were dead even now! Im going up to TVI hopefully the end of the week for some tuning and will post some numbers. Choose is right its more of a tuning tool versus a measurement tool. A good way to see what you have gained. I would imagine that there could be at least a 3 to 8 hp difference from one dyno to the next. Be sure to use the exact same machine everytime. knobbies will throw it way off due to loss of traction make sure you have them put on flat track tires or asphalt type. Ive keep hearing that 38 to 42 hp on a stock bike is about right. You got 10 to 12 hp out of bolt ons, congrats thats a good gain!

Old 10-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Guys ... Thanks for the input I don't feel so bad now with the money I spent. I am right in line where I should be. : - )

I guess your always wanting more and MORE bang for your buck.
Your correct in that I went to the Dyno to get the bike tuned spot ! as my goal was to get it running as efficient as possible with the stock bore, piston, and head after all my objective was to create a really mild mannered but STRONG Duner.
I am really itching to get out to the Dunes and try out the new performance the mods have yielded but I just love reading about the Power figures you guys are getting out of your DS mods !.
Vary impressive, Fing CRAZY but impressive... I can't imagine a DS with 90 or even 100+ hp to the rear wheels !
Wheeeee .... Crazy FAST !

Thanks again for the vibe... I am feeling the love...
Ok back to work ...

See ya

Old 10-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Man, I wouldn't be disapointed either! I Dyned mine at Little Shara last time I was there and I was bearly getting 41hp (see my picture page for the actual Dyno sheet). I expected more. Really the only mod is a full Big Gun pipe, and a clamped intake tube. So I guess I am in the ballpark. I have a brand new TM45 and ported intake on the bench fixin' to go on though. I'm thinking that will get me around 8-10 more horses.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

52HP is not bad with those mods. I consider stock HP around 38 HP. Like everyone has said, its all fluid. You should have dynoed your machine before and after the mods then you would have a baseline to go by.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

ILivSD,
Did you dyno at Alba? I was thinking of getting some dyno tuning done soon. I just put on my HPR ported intake, and removed the air box. I want to see what I am putting out.

Old 10-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

when hp research did my 730 motor i told them i wanted pump gas compression and no drag pipe or even open exhaust. we ended up dynoing with my gradon pipe w/supertrapp 15 disc and pump gas, it made 65hp at the tire. we tried and tried to get an extra few ponies but thats all it would give us. on the sand it felt strong but i was at 3000+ feet? if we have time i will put in on the dyno at little sahara and compair the two diiferent dyno's. but really it is just a tuning tool and high hp on the dyno won't always guarantee any more win's in the real world.