CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Need some Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 04:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some Help

Hey guys new to the site and this is the first time I am not cosidering buying a polaris. I check out the outlander 800 xt and it looks like a great machine, a little on the spendy side at $9,100.00 but I know you get what you pay for. The question is, is it worth the extra money, I have looked at the Kawasaki,Honda, and artic Cat. I do a lot of trail riding and some mudding, but mostly just out in the woods playing. Any help would appreciated I am so close to pulling the trigger on the 800 just need to here from the experts. Also the 5 year warranty on them is everything except wear items. Thansk again guys your responses will hopefully help me make my decision.

Old 10-15-2005, 07:08 PM
Range Rover
Default Need some Help

to much for a toy you will not need all that 800 for just riding in the woods. Check on a brute force 650. It may not be as fast but it is about 3 thousend less.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need some Help

sinch,
What you say is probobly true. But as the old addage says "Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it".

hitsquad,
Go ahead and spring for it. Take a look at that warranty, its unbeatable! You will not get that with a "Kow" or Honda.
If you don't you will always wonder, "Man this trail is _________ (rough, muddy, rutted, steap...). How would that Bomb have done?" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need some Help

Good point Bomb, thanks alot both of you unfortunately my ego always wants the best, and I can afford it if need be but this will be my last ATV for a while with my second child on the way. SO I want to make sure it is the one for a while. The only question I really have is the one really no one can answer yet. The reliability? The 5 year makes think they will stand behind it. The only other thing I have heard is the reliabilty of parts because they are out of canada. Has anyone else had that problem. Thansk Again guys you are a real help on this.

Old 10-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Range Rover
Default Need some Help

I looked at the bomb 800 or I tried but the demo was not working. that scared me. I also like to have the biggest and the best Well I did for one year. Good luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-15-2005, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need some Help

I'm not sure about the Outlander series but the DS's don't have a lot of aftermarket parts. The parts were never in stock from the dealer but were always just a couple of days away. I believe the machines are very reliable, I'm just not a big fan of there dealerships. In this area all of the Bombardier dealers are lawn and garden dealers first and quad dealers second. It seems like anyone can be a dealer and hang a sign out. However, there service seems to be very good. Sport quads don't sell well with either of the two around me, but you won't have to deal with that. You can't beat a 5 year warranty.