CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Extreme haulers or STU Padla Brats

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extreme haulers or STU Padla Brats

Now that I have got some mods on my motor I want to get a set of drag and hill shooting tires. What do you guy's think are the best? Skat Trak extreme or Sand Tires Unlimited Padla Brats?

Old 10-16-2005, 10:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

JMAC, that is a very good question. I guess you would have to ask yourself exactly what you want to do with these tires. There are so many combinations to run as far as the gearing and tire height and of course paddles when talking about drag racing/hill shooting. I have never ran a hill before. So I cant shed any light on that subject. But in 300' you had better have enough paddles to get you out front in a hurry. I have thought about running the brats at one time. But I also like the way these hauler grow during take off and it only allows me to shift one time. I have seen a lot of guys running the brats this weekend on some high horsepower bikes and they seemed to work very well. But, I dont know exactly what your have in mind. Flat drag and hillshooting will require a little different setup to run optimum.

Old 10-16-2005, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

The Brats don't grow at all but they hook like a bitch. Haulers will grow on the big end but it takes a lot more paddles to equal the hook of the Brats off the line.

Old 10-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I absolutely love my extreme haulers, couldn't be happier. I've never had the brats so can't compare.

keep in mind that perhaps the biggest mistake of all time is people being overpaddled, I've seen it time and again and been there myself too.

depends on the motor of course, but sand type plays a role too, its different everywhere you go. my stage 2 with portwork loves 8 paddles the most in alot of places, then other places have me wishing for 9 or maybe even 10 due to different sand slipping more, but then I go up in alltitude and take the HP loss from it and happy I stuck with the 8's. yes gearing can compensate some, but the right tire and gearing combo gives better results than the wrong tire bandaided with gearing changes.

Old 10-16-2005, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Well I am going to be using them at Pismo most of the time, but will use them at sand mountain nevada as well. My mods are HPR 13-1 piston, HR3 cams, Shim under valve spring kit, ported intake, TM45 carb, vortex ignition, & woods 60% clutch springs.

Old 10-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Gecko's!!! Only way to go! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DemonDS
Gecko's!!! Only way to go! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Offer you my extra DS at DS Days and thats the payback I get[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 10-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JMAC650
Well I am going to be using them at Pismo most of the time, but will use them at sand mountain nevada as well. My mods are HPR 13-1 piston, HR3 cams, Shim under valve spring kit, ported intake, TM45 carb, vortex ignition, & woods 60% clutch springs.
Looks like the JMAC is getting some! Im running the extremes 22' ten paddles and like them really well. There alot of argument on paddle numbers. I have the tens and they hook up hard, especially with the new clutch. Donal has a set of 25' 8 paddle medium buffs coming soon were going to try those out and see how much difference there is from one type of sand to the next. I will keep you posted.

Old 10-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Let me know how that works out Keith.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

Well decided on the Extreme's 22x11x10. Now I need to figure out how many paddles I need for the mods I have. 8 or 9???

Quick Reply: Extreme haulers or STU Padla Brats