CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I did it!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did it!

CTATV My buddy had a quadzilla. When the DS came out and he rode mine he ditched in in a hearbeat. Yeah it was a bit of a HIT monster compared to a DS but the Zilla is NO where near as comfy (egros and suspension) as a DS.

My first quad was a Suzuki LT250R. Quads have come a LONG way since then. It's good the sport is evolving.

Chips... your bro is going to love that DS. Soon he'll want more power out of it.

Old 10-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default I did it!

Originally posted by: CTATV
oh the jetboat does great in rough water. its rockin twin 85HP rotax two strokes. It will do around 55 or 60. Here go to my webshots and take a peek at her.

http://community.webshots.com/album/461990736lMRYTZ

it does great in rough water just like a jetski. I love to take it out wave jumping. I use it in upstate NY on the St Laurwence River a lot and the tankers come through on there way to the great lakes every day. We go out and rip the big rollers all the time with the jetski and my neigbor owns the same boat as I just got. so ill be joining her with my boat this comming summer.
I understand what you mean about jumping wakes as I have a Kawi 750 sxi, but this lake has become so hugely choppy on weekends and holidays that it is hard to get a run up to that perfect wake without getting slapped down. Your boat will definately handle the rough water better. Now that it is past summer, the lake is not so busy and I will be back out on it.

Have Fun!!

Chips2000

Old 10-21-2005, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default I did it!

Originally posted by: Entomber
CTATV My buddy had a quadzilla. When the DS came out and he rode mine he ditched in in a hearbeat. Yeah it was a bit of a HIT monster compared to a DS but the Zilla is NO where near as comfy (egros and suspension) as a DS.

My first quad was a Suzuki LT250R. Quads have come a LONG way since then. It's good the sport is evolving.

Chips... your bro is going to love that DS. Soon he'll want more power out of it.
yeah well im only 19 so I guess im not so picky on the comfort. nothin like smokin kids with modded out mustangs in the quarter mile. Let them get all drunk and talk like they're car was so specail then spank them the next day infront of their friends. made for some good fun. I clocked just around 90

Old 10-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Trailblazer
Default I did it!

Originally posted by: Entomber

Entomber, Yeah, he's gonna love it...he will have to power it up if he wants to keep up with my built Banshee, that is until we hit some rough trails.

Old 10-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default I did it!

The local dealership just received a shipment of Outties (many) and DS 650's (1) and I was able to sit on a DS for the first time. What a machine. It fits this old bod perfectly. I called my Bro, who says the dealers in Escondido, Ca. still has not received any and told him I was really impressed. He then said that a friend of his told him that he can get '04's at auction for 3500 bucks. Is that true? My 2000 Banshee was $3200 6 months ago, but it does have a new built-up motor, new plastic, 2 sets of new wheels/tires (dirt and sand) plus other upgrades. But if I can get a later model DS for that price, I will put it up for sale right now. (Sure will miss the 2-stroke though!)

So how about it guys? Is someone blowing smoke or what?

Thanks!
Chips2000

Old 10-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default I did it!

Well, I know where quite a few older model (01-02) DS's are available in that price range for sure. I dont know about delivering them to AZ for that price though. I think the nearest one to you is in East Texas. I just thought I would let you know.

Old 10-21-2005, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default I did it!

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Well, I know where quite a few older model (01-02) DS's are available in that price range for sure. I dont know about delivering them to AZ for that price though. I think the nearest one to you is in East Texas. I just thought I would let you know.
What I remember him saying was that he was told there was not any differences in the '05 compared to the 06. We may be able to find 01-02s for that price range, but i cannot believe 04 or 05s as he has been led to believe.

I have relatives in Texas (San Antonio and Huntsville), but no plans for a visit anytime soon.

If these auctions turn up anything, I will let you guys know. He is planning on having one by the time of our big family camping and ATC event we are having Thanksgiving, so that does not leave him much time to find a good quality used DS.