CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I'm Done........

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Done........

I done with the big atv thing. I have an 04 DS with the jaws bumper, trail tech bars and clamp, ported intake, Uni filter, AC pro-peg nerfs w/heelguards, Spyder gel grips, ASR adjustable upper A-arms, Mod Quad end cap, Re-jetted, Aluminum Radiator shrouds, brand new ITP holeshots on rears. I am thinking about listing it in the local atv/bike trader and would really appreciate help on what the market says it's worth. I know the trade in value is 3180 and retail says 4620 - this is clean condition with no mods. I would like input on what the true market says it's worth. I don't owe anything on it and have my title so I'm not looking to just get rid of a payment, and I don't want to list it way too high and scare off potential buyers. Please give suggestions on what would be a reasonable asking and final price.
Thanks for the help.
Cain

Old 10-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default I'm Done........

I would shoot for $4200 and take no less than $3800. That is fair market value. Blue book value is a estimate and trade in is the most a dealer will give because they want to resale it for more to make money off it. But bottom line is what your willing to let it go for if you really want to see it go. I have sold stuff cheap before just because I did'nt want it anymore and was'nt worried about the loss because if I don't want something than it has no value to me but I did'nt give things away neither, only made people a great deals to get it out of my way. By the way, why do you want to sell it? Are you getting bored with riding? If so I know how you feel, last couple years I have been hot and heavy into nitro powered r/c trucks and still have 4 trucks and 1 buggy in my basement and have thousands's in all that stuff just sitting there. I wish someone would walk up and give $8000.00 for everything and that would be a great deal for an r/c'er, but I am not really concerned about getting rid of it because my son and I do have fun with that hobby as well, whenever we do it again. Well I hope my opinion helps ya. Good luck selling and I hope you get it sold for what you want. RUSS

Old 10-21-2005, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default I'm Done........

By the way, you prob already know this but part it out and you will make alot more from it if you have the time to do so. EBAY - HERE

Old 10-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default I'm Done........

giving up already...its only been a few yrs give it time

Old 10-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default I'm Done........

I'm not sure I'm getting out of the sport all together. I was thinking about switching to dirtbikes. I got my kids all bikes and they want me on one like them. My buddy has one I can use for now and I can use the money right now. My wife recently gave birth to our 4th child so bills come quick. I even thought about a utility quad.
Russ - the only prob with parting out is that some parts are in demand and some aren't I don't want to end up with a partial quad in my garage just taking up space. I appreciate your input on the price. That's about what I was thinking but wanted some outside advice. Thanks. But if you know what kind of money would it bring on ebay parted out ?what do you think major parts like engine, frame (with title) swingarm etc would go for ?