CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

antifreeze in gas tank

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antifreeze in gas tank

I own a bombardier.

Yes thats what I did by accident.
I put antifreeze in the tank.
Since then I've drained the tank.
Added 2 stroke oil to the new gas.
I coaxed the 4 wheeler to go after I jumped it but it wouldn't stay running unless you moved the choke just right.
I ran a whole tank of gas through it riding and now I can't get it to start at all.
Stuck a screw driver down into the spark plug and the space and didn't a shock of any kind at all.
Any advice welcome....

Kieshaa

Old 10-31-2005, 01:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

A; I'm just at a loss. I just don't know what to say. I'm speachless. Sorry I could not help. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2005, 01:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

LOL, Just what the doctor ordered... I am still at a loss for words... I tried to take this post seriously. But I cant.

*smiles*

Old 10-31-2005, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Part it out and buy an electric scooter!.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

Er Huh.....................................Forget it, Im not going to bite. Reminds me of when I sent my sister to the parts store for blinker fluid. Told her it was blue so electricity would flow through it. She went to three of them before they let her in on it. She's still mad!

Old 10-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Kieshaa, I think we need more information to help you out. How did you get confuse antifreeze for gas? You say you have ridden the quad long enough to burn up a tank of gas, correct? What was that spark testing method again? These are four stroke quads and don't need two stroke oil mixed, why did you add that to your gas?

Have you tried draining the carburetor? At the bottom of the carburetor is a small screw with a little hose next to it. Not under the carb but at the bottom. If you turn the screw counter-clockwise it opens the drain and lets out whatever is in the bottom of the carburetor out through the small drain hose. I like to put a glass jar under the hose to catch the gas and see if any water or debris comes out. You should turn the gas tank petcock to reserve and let your carburetor drain long enough to fill about 1/4 of a quart jar. It won't come out very fast, just keep the screw driver handy and tighten the screw back in.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

My advice for a plan, would be, plan on getting out of this sport.

Old 10-31-2005, 06:02 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Well, since you're welcoming any advice here's mine. You pay my gas and I'll come take this problem child off of your hands. Seems to be too many moving parts for ya. If you'd rather me not rid you of this nightmare of a machine then try this: drain your tank one more time. Fill it with half water half Diesel, disconnect the outside spark plug wire, lick your thumb and forefinger, hold said wire close to where the plug goes and push start. Should fire right up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Sorry, I'm just deleriously tired from three days at Dumont...
If you do want to pay my expenses I would consider disposing of this bike for you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Replace your piston return spring and see if that helps it should cure your problem.

Old 10-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure you already checked it, but have a look at your muffer bearings... they go out all the time. To get to them get a metric screwdriver, and a left handed hammer... beat on it until it falls off.

Quick Reply: antifreeze in gas tank