CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

is a sand car for me?

Old 11-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is a sand car for me?

Jeff,

chirochris is right to a degree. Depending on the rail, a quad is easier on your back. The LT mini rails are smooth when duning but don't take chop or whoops as well due to the wheel base and being light weight. The fullsize LT rails are very smooth and actually alot easier on a worn out back. They soak everything up. It also sounded like you would get all around worn out trying to keep up with the kids?? A rail definitely would fix this. It doesn't take much work at all to drive and they will have to work to keep up with you.

Good luck in the quest. You won't be sorry if you get one......your wife might be though$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Old 11-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

im sorry i thought you were making this decision based on medical recommendations....

if your looking for a new toy then hell....go crazy..enjoy yourself

Old 11-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

if it wasn't such a long comute to new york i would love to have you crack my back, the doc i'm working with just makes funny faces when i tell her about atv's and riding. she said bad things will happen if you bla,bla,bla which did prove right this last trip. but we thought having both the quads and buggie would help with overall soreness not just back problems. i just have to be able to street legal drive this thing to make it seem worth owning based on 2-3 dune trips a year.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, those are really expensive. In the town where I'm from, there is a new company that is building them with the Busa 1300 or a Yamaha R6 motor... One or two seats, full suspension, they run from 5-11k depending on how you want it set up. I'll try to get some info if anyone is interested. I'm thinking of getting one for fun.

Old 11-03-2005, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

Getting old sucks..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

I'd like to have one, but just can't see spending that kind of chang for the few dune trips I take per season. I've decided on building a jeep, it's something I can use on the weekends here in AZ, then play in the sand with as well.
J.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

been doing some looking at different sites and talked to sandbomber about what combo i should be looking for. i have found a number of 4 seat VW rails, mostly looking for a 2 seater becuase thats all the room i have in the toy hauler. seems like $10-15k should buy a nice ride with decent suspension and motor combo. my wifes going to kill me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SCOUNDREL
Getting old sucks..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
WATCH YOUR MOUTH SON!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2005, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

I'm thinking ??? My child support ends Feb. 2006 $800 per month , Daughter turns 18. Think I could score a car for this payment hummmm???/

YEeeeAaaa hhhh!!!!!!! But I do need a new truck sandcar??,,, truck?,,,sandcar?,,, truck?? life is good!!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

For 800 a month, you should be able to swing both....lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: is a sand car for me?