CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

The Bomb and the Bees

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Bomb and the Bees

A question for you entemologists(sp?) out there:

My parents just purchased a couple of Suzuki Eigers, and Mom wanted a yellow one, and the salesman said that Suzuki does not make them in yellow anymore because bees are attracted to that color. Any truth to that statement (about the attraction)? Both my wife's 05' Outtie is yellow and my Banshee is yellow. BRP is still making 06' Outie's in yellow, so they must not be concerned. Should I be concerned? We do a combination of mountain, desert and dune riding.

Thanks!

Chips2000

Old 11-08-2005, 04:04 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bees I believe aren't attracted to any color in particular, it's mainly smell(pheromones) that attracts them.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
bees I believe aren't attracted to any color in particular, it's mainly smell(pheromones) that attracts them.

Now that you say that, it seems I have read or heard it is smell that attracts them. My wife recently did make the mistake of not washing her perfume off when she got off work and went riding as flying insects seemed to bother her and no one else when we were stopped. I could smell the perfume from a distance...mmmm good!

Chips2000

Old 11-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought this was the name of a rock band...j/k [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2005, 07:26 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

The salesman may want to look at the sport avtv's in the showroom. All are available in yellow and blue. As far as disrupting the bees, the sound will probably disturb them even more than smell.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
The salesman may want to look at the sport avtv's in the showroom. All are available in yellow and blue. As far as disrupting the bees, the sound will probably disturb them even more than smell.
I wasn't there, Mom got a red one and Dad got a green one. He did not like the green, but the salesmen said they don't know when more would come in nor what color, and that Suzuki does not make Eigers in Yellow. Is that true? I think I will go and check out their website. Dad is just happy that Mom liked the red one.

Chips2000

Old 11-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

Well, I checked out the Suzuki web site, and the sport models come in yellow, but not their '06 Eigers. The '05s did come in yellow.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:57 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

If nothing else, you could always see if the plastic will change out between the two.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Chips2000
A question for you entemologists(sp?) out there:

My parents just purchased a couple of Suzuki Eigers, and Mom wanted a yellow one, and the salesman said that Suzuki does not make them in yellow anymore because bees are attracted to that color. Any truth to that statement (about the attraction)? Both my wife's 05' Outtie is yellow and my Banshee is yellow. BRP is still making 06' Outie's in yellow, so they must not be concerned. Should I be concerned? We do a combination of mountain, desert and dune riding.

Thanks!

Chips2000
lol, sounds like back in 99, wen a gmc salesman told my buddies dad that they don't make 4 door extended cab trucks because if the doors are open and a strong wind comes up, the cab twists, but yet next year the put 4 doors on there extended cab trucks, lol

Old 11-08-2005, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

I guess Suzuki must think you can out run them on a yellow sport quad, but not a yellow utie. LOL!

Quick Reply: The Bomb and the Bees