CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one

I was really interested in the new bomb 800. All of the specs and raves were pointing toward a revolutionary machine. Unfortunately, this machine is starting to look like "just another fast sport/utility machine". I have had more than a few of these machines and sadly in real world applications they do have limitations. As someone who prefers the most rugged stuff I can get into...this machine looks too pretty and to "sporty" to be of real use in the woods. As I don't see a lot of hunters, guides and true backwoodser's using them so I will passing up this machine. I appreciate all of the bravado and machismo that you bombers have manifested but...your stuff doesn't win ANY awards in the woods. Which I don't understand being made in Canada. So...stay on the sand where you belong. What good is a sand machine in the woods? Maybe that's why so many guys from california buy these things.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Pastor, Im sure some of us respect your opinions on these new "Bombs". But, be aware that there are quite a few of us on here who own or have owned utility atv's from "all" other manufacturers. Now with that said, understand that we are not here to start a bashing contest...but, with you making such comments as "your stuff doesn't win ANY awards" and "stay on the sand where you belong" this could cause some controversy. So bash on if you want to...but, I dont think this is going to earn you any "BROWNIE POINTS"!

PS: But whenever you feel froggy.......bring your King Quad on down and we will separate the men from the boys....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

ChoosetoLose...Interestingly...i am looking at getting a Polaris for the tough stuff. However, I do see an alarmingly lot of guys riding Bombardiers playing in the sand. I conclude that nobody in the woods is riding this stuff. Why?

Old 11-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well whenever you say NOBODY, your saying quite a bit. I dont think you have been everywhere to make a statement as such. I can tell you from past personal experiences that POLARIS is NOT the way to go. But, go ahead and go with the latest hype like all the rest and see what happens whenever your bike staying in the garage at the local dealer more than in your garage at your house. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pastor, did think maybe instead of being on this forum people might actually be out using them right now for hunting, it tis the season, HELLO!!

Old 11-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

Hey...all I am saying is that i need something ...tough. Sport/utility machines aren't going to cut it. I dont see ANYONE in the real woods using these bombs...so what i am concluding is ...they aren't made for the woods. My premise is sound. I have been in these woods here and around these forums and I dont see ANYONE using these machines. They appear to be made for playing around sandy/dirt trail riding. Don't get mad at me for telling the truth.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Let me explain something to you................just because you dont see EVERYBODY driving a Mercedez in your neighborhood DOES NOT mean that there are a lot of them out there, right? RIGHT!

Now, I would pit the Bomb 800 against any other 4x4 on the market to get in and out of the woods with the all the rest....oh yeah and a lot quicker too...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

You know why you see a whole lot more of these "other" brands in the back of pickups or "in the woods" as you call it? Let me tell you, its called marketing.....whether its good or not....the masses will take to what they hear day in and day out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your not telling me anything. Your stating your opinion. I didnt know there was woods on the forums? I can understand you want someone to come on here and tell you that they have tried this machine in every different real world scenario, but since this machine is brand new, my dealer has only recieved three, there just isnt many out there yet. Did you get on the forum a month after the king came out and ask the same question? It takes time for people to buy something, use something, then reply. Just go buy something else and be happy.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

My premise is sound. I have been in these woods here and around these forums and I dont see ANYONE using these machines. They appear to be made for playing around sandy/dirt trail riding. Don't get mad at me for telling the truth.
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>

Lets see here. How long have these quads been out? A few months? Dealers getting a limited supply at first??

How much actual time do you spend in the woods??? You've been spending a lof of time on the Cali. sand to prove your point?

Damn, I have yet to see a new Raptor 700 in the woods yet......Bet they are a real bust too huh?

Your posts are subjective, speculative, based on hearsay/opinion and assumption.

You don't appear to have ANY first hand experience with this quad.

BTW, whats wrong with the KQ?? From everything I've read it seems like a fine quad.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

What I am saying I dont see ANY BOMBARDIER'S in the woods. Nada...none. These machines don't appear to be made for the rigorous mountain riding that I so much enjoy. The K.Q. is a great machine...but...it is a sport/utility. However...these machines that you guys ride do appear to excell in the sand.

Quick Reply: If hunters don't use 'em...I won't be buying one