CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I need your help !

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need your help !

I know this is the Bomb section, but since I've owned my DS I have always gotten great, accurate advice here no matter what quad it's on. I just put a HMF sport series full pipe on my wife's 04 Z400. I have a Uni filter on it and have an air box filter cover instead of the stock lid. Please point me in the right direction for jetting. I am at 50 feet above sea level here in Florida. Where should I be for main jet, pilot jet, fuel screw, and needle position ? and since it's the same 42 Mikuni carb as the DS I assume the needle doesn't need to be changed - is that right ? or do I need to buy a different needle ? I really appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Cain

Old 11-14-2005, 08:39 PM
amd
Pro Rider

The stock carb is a 36mm bsr. But this is what I ran on my 03. which used the same carb. 155 main needle on the 3rd clip, air fuel 3 1/2 turns out and I ran the stock pilot jet. This was with a Big gun pipe, pro flow intake with no lid. That should get you started anyway.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry I got mixed up with the carbs. I just bought an 06 Pred and it's the one that runs the 42 like the DS. Thanks for the help. I'll start there and check my plug. Did you use the stock needle or switch to an aftermarket one ?

Old 11-15-2005, 09:58 PM
amd
Pro Rider

I used the dyno jet needle and jets. But if you use the stock needle you will want to go to your dealer and get jets from there cause the tapper is different on the dyno jet. You can get it to work like that but the stock needle is not adjustable. You will have to find some small washers to space it up. On the main jet I would buy a 160 to 165. That is if you are going to use the stock needle. I prefer the dyno jet kit myself.