CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ITP forgot about us Bombardier guys.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP forgot about us Bombardier guys.

Here is letters that I wrote to ITP about them not making the 1/143 bolt pattern rims other than the T-9 for us guys. Check it out. Maybe you guys can email them also and get on their *** so they make some C-series rims available to us.

Well today I received my new January Dirt Wheels magazine. In it the have a tricked out Yamaha 700r with a set of C-Series Type 5 rims. Them rims are bad. I immediately went on the internet this morning set out to get a set for my 2004 Bombardier DS 650 Baja. I ended up being very disappointed as for some strange reason you guys don't make them in a 4/143 bolt pattern. Do you guys plan to fix this and make them available for us Bombardier guys ?
Come on. The Bombardier won the Baja desert competition out on the west coast two years in a row. I looked the topic up on ATV connection.com and found out that a lot of us DS guys are interested in these rims but you just don't make them.

I look forward to hearing back from someone on this matter.

Sincerely,
Derek from New Jersey.

Ron Hills reply from ITP.

Well , we might someday AD to or line up the 4/143 but for now its some thing we just cant do.
Thanks ITP

My reply letter:

Hi Ron. I appreciate your time to reply.

I'm sorry to hear that word someday.
It seems that many manufactures forget about us Bombardier guys and the reason being is that Honda,Yamaha ect. are more common name and they are able to make more profit selling to their larger demand. I'm not asking ITP to design a motor or some type of special order product here that needs a degree in rocket science but come on the rims are all the same. All it would take on ITPs part is to set the machine to drill four holes differently and start posting 1/143 bolt pattern rims in their advertisements. Right now you only offer one rim the t9 in all of your line up with the 1/143 bolt pattern. I'm hoping someone at your company could make a change on the machine that drills the holes and maybe this spring the C-Series rim would be available for us Bomber guys.

Sincerely, Derek Freyberger

Old 12-14-2005, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, it is really frustrating. I want to switch to black wheels, but Douglas doesn't make them. ITP makes some nice looking black wheels, but not in the DS bolt pattern. I guess I could get my Douglas' powdercoated.

Old 12-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

You know you could always purchase them without holes.......Then take them to a local machine shop, give the guy $20. and a 6pack and wallah !! you have the wheels you always wanted.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

I dont know if they would go for the $20.00 but thats a good thought. D

Old 12-16-2005, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

Do you think they would sell them to you with out the holes ?