CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Any news on a light weight axle?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any news on a light weight axle?

If anybody finds a company that is making a light weight axle for the bombers that will fit into the stock swingarm please let me know I am trying to lighten up my rotating mass on my bike but do not want to replace the whole rear end of my bike.
I am in the process of installing a dura blue axle on my buddies DS650 and when I took out the old one I could not believe how heavy it was you could use this thing for a curl bar and after a few weeks you would look like arnold :0). Also the durablue axle is just as heavy.
Thanks Tpsycho.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good luck. I know there are quite a few companies out there who are making the whole swingarm conversions to run the lightweight axles. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

If you want i wil shave some metal off your stock axle. i wont guarentee balance or strength you might even be able to patent it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Come on guys you dont trust me , i will hold the file while you start her up and throw her in gear. Sandbomber when you coming to cali

Old 12-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've got one of the TI axels that I may be selling. . . I'll know more after this weekend.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Sandbomber has a complete bolt in aluminum axle assy for the DS it's just like the ones the Banshees run. It goes in with no modifications. I think he will have them done in about two weeks. Got my money down on one right now!!

Old 12-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

Oh yea, its supposed to take 15-20lbs off the rotating assy.

Old 12-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I will comment soon as I can LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I hope to be a sponsor soon and you can pm me about products we are working on

Old 12-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Wow I'm excited. Sandbomber make sure you post up when you are ready I will want one.

Old 12-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have heard rumers that Dave Moore and Klug Racing are working the bugs out of a Chromoly tubing axle for the DS. It is supposed to be almost as light as an aluminum axle but strong enough to maintain stock width for heavy duning, sidehilling and jumping. I am sure it wouldn't be interesting to strict racers but it is to me since most of my time is spent duning. I believe it will require a change in swingarm which is not helpful to Tpsycho, but it will be an interesting product nonetheless.

Quick Reply: Any news on a light weight axle?