CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Raced a stock baja / new 700 raptor

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced a stock baja / new 700 raptor

This was my buddies bike. raced several times with different riders up Comp. hill Dumont............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................................ I hate to say this but??? Raptor wins by about 4>5 lengths. But can we say weight??? with a 45 lb heavier rider,, they are neck and neck. The bike is OK but I'll keep my couch!! Get the shocks tuned right and so far I have found nothing like the ride of my Baja!!

Bud

Old 01-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Bud, hows the Bowtie car running? Get the power steering wrapped up? If not let me know and I'd be more than happy to do it for ya.

I've ridden a piped, and intaked 06 raptor. LOVE The EFI, but hated the burn that the exhaust would give me. My right leg still hasn't forgiven me. While that bike got some make overs in the suspension department, it still doesn't haddle as well as my DS. It feels too light in the front end, and in my opinion, still isn't anywhere near as stable in the dunes. I get to ride a LOT of different bikes after I work on them. I still haven't found one that makes me think that I'd have anything else.

Hope everything is well Bud.

Old 01-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Trailblazer

hey guys i have raced my 04 pred tld stock against my buddy all the time and he has a 06 700 raptor stock and i beat him every time...........never raced a ds 650 but i hear there fast?

Old 01-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Trailblazer

Was at the dunes this weekend. My buddy has the raptor 700 with the hmf pipes and k&n filter. Rode it a couple of times, in the dunes and up patton. Man it has a ton of power but that front end is so freaking light. I had to do everything to keep that front end from popping up. I guess Im just used to the stability of my ds650 but even my banshee doesn't feel as squirrely as the raptor. But it does have a ton of power.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My wife rides an '06 700R. I can't believe how nice it is. The power is arm yanking. It is stable and handles the tight stuff really well. Whenever I ride it I think I could get used to it but I am always even more impressed when I get back on my DS. The DS was built for me and I am not tired or sore at the end of the day. My Banshee beat the crap out of me.

BTW you must have something wrong with your Baja. My stock DS in my sig leaves our 700R in the dust everytime.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ron

Old 01-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer

Ya the suspension on the raptor was nice I was just talking about how light the front end feels even compared to my banshee. Btw, I raced my buddy up Patton about a dozen times, He is a newer rider so I dont know if that made a difference but I beat him everytime. Still that Raptor has a ton of power after just a few mods.

Old 01-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

I think that the power deliver is second to none. Seemed like you could never be in the wrong gear. VERY NICE. And I agree, it just feels too squirrley.

But like I said, it may be just because I'm used to dead-nuts solid and stable on my DS.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
Hey Bud, hows the Bowtie car running? Get the power steering wrapped up? If not let me know and I'd be more than happy to do it for ya.

I've ridden a piped, and intaked 06 raptor. LOVE The EFI, but hated the burn that the exhaust would give me. My right leg still hasn't forgiven me. While that bike got some make overs in the suspension department, it still doesn't haddle as well as my DS. It feels too light in the front end, and in my opinion, still isn't anywhere near as stable in the dunes. I get to ride a LOT of different bikes after I work on them. I still haven't found one that makes me think that I'd have anything else.

Hope everything is well Bud.
Thanks there BIGDADDY!!! Just got the new Char lyn unit from the guy today. I'll get her installed this weekend. I may have some ?s for ya if it doesn't work!!?? lol .. This guy is GREAT !! sending me all parts NO CHARGE!! EVEN AFTER I BEAT UP ON HIM A BIT ON THE PRICE!!..
Where were ya newyears??? Looked for ya!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Yea I'll keep my heavy couch.

Bud

Old 01-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
My wife rides an '06 700R. I can't believe how nice it is. The power is arm yanking. It is stable and handles the tight stuff really well. Whenever I ride it I think I could get used to it but I am always even more impressed when I get back on my DS. The DS was built for me and I am not tired or sore at the end of the day. My Banshee beat the crap out of me.

BTW you must have something wrong with your Baja. My stock DS in my sig leaves our 700R in the dust everytime.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ron
that's some STOCK!! ds you got there!!,,, I'll give ya $500 and trade,, stock bike for stock bike!!?? lol lo ll l llol!!

Old 01-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

Bud, we got scared off by the weather and decided not to go. Yea, if you need any help with the PS, let me know. I was talking about you to my wife that entire NewYears weekend. Maybe if I bug her enough she'll understand that my need for a long travel will not go away and she'll tell me that I should get one.

I might be going to 4SW's this weekend so I might be tied up. I'll let you know for sure though. If you don't do it this weekend, let me know and we'll knock it out the next.

BD