CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Piston weights by the gram

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piston weights by the gram

BIgDADdY- That means I will gain 8 lengths by switching to geiko?? Cant beat that...

Hey btw, buy her some flowers tomorrow and send them before you pop the big question!!!

Old 01-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
BIgDADdY- That means I will gain 8 lengths by switching to geiko?? Cant beat that...

Hey btw, buy her some flowers tomorrow and send them before you pop the big question!!!
That's funny. I think I'll push for the new G6 to be called "The Geiko", maybe they could return the favor and adopt the new slogan in their commercial "U better get U sum!"

Whoever asked the question about r/d: when your bank account gets good and full after you sell your house, send the money to a "good" piston company and they'll build that new forging to save more weight and still remain reliable- I'll even send you the blueprints.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
I just wanted to beat CHOOSE to it....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

There, now that it's out of my system, I can comment.

I knew that since my HPR made so little HP on the dyno, that the speed I gained up the hill had to be atributed to my weight savings on the piston.

If anybody wants to know, the 31 grams I saved going from the old RWR 11.5:1 stock bore piston to the HPR BigBore super light weight gave me an additional 4 lengths on the hill. Here is another one CHOOSE... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

and another...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I dont care who you are thats Funny!!

Old 01-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: shmee
so your telling me that it takes years to lighten pistons? come on. they do it every day. i had my camaro pistons done in 2 days and balanced. give me a break.

Is lightening a piston on a single cylinder motor the same as a eight cylinder motor? It seems to me that the single cylinder is under load every 360 degrees. The eight cylinder motor is under load every 45 degrees for each piston (fires 8 times for every 360 degrees) & is under load 1/8 of a single cylinder motor. I think it's easier to lighten a V8 motor pistons & keep integrity under load than it is a single cylinder motor. It seem to me that lightening a single cylinder piston takes more R&D. It doesn't seem apples to apples to me. Am I missing something here? It wouldn't be the first time I over looked something.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

GIT-R-Dunnnnn.....

Old 01-12-2006, 12:34 AM
H
Pro Rider

I would think the 8 cyl. motor is under 8 times as much since it fires 8 times to our once. but its probably easier to dampen vibrations that way.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

Ninja, do ya think that I should have flowers on top of the wonderful act of kindness???? One would think NOT, but one NEVER KNOWS.....

I'll know for sure tomorrow night. Wish me luck!!!!!

Also, I pick up the Ranger tomorrow. SWEET!

We still need an inclosed trailer. Or is it Enclosed? Who knows. I'm tired. Given all those winks and biggrins has got me pooped.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2006, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: H
I would think the 8 cyl. motor is under 8 times as much since it fires 8 times to our once. but its probably easier to dampen vibrations that way.
Is it easier for a single cylinder motor motor @ 750cc to make more HP than a four cylinder motor @ the same 750 cc's. Which one is under more load & has to work harder?

Old 01-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

that's a great question Joe. When my mind comes down out of the clouds, I'm going to think about it...

Old 01-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congrads Randall on the driving job you did at Glamis!!!

Quick Reply: Piston weights by the gram