CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HARD1 at the hill...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HARD1 at the hill...

HARD1's DS had some back luck at just the wrong timing at FSW.We radared all day fri,sat,sun and no bike ran faster than his all weekend except Bomber's bike on nos. When it came time for the builders class our fuel was drained and the officials ran out of spec fuel by the time they got to us and the class was already running! We quickly borrowed some fuel from someone at the line and the motor ran like stock 400ex
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]. That killed us in the builder class.

We go drain the fuel and put our Sunoco 110 back in, tested the bike and it was back alive! We ran three rounds in the 536+ mod gas class and nobody was within 6 bike lengths. As Manny came down the hill the bike was idleing real high and I saw an intake boot had come loose we thought we plenty of time because we had just won the last round. I began franticly working on the bike when the oficials ran upto us and said we had two minutes to fix it! I told him we just won our round and shouldn't have to race in the very next heat. He said get to the line. I was not able to get it fixed good enough to hold and when Manny launched it moved about 20ft and died. This was total disappointment for me and especially Jeff Mashlan(HARD1) because we knew we had the strongest natural bike at the event. You know what they say...thats racin.

If anybody ever goes up against that bike at the hill you will know what I'm talking about when I say it hauls scary fast.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

I totally agree.

On Sat. I said that it was the fastest bike at the hill ALL DAY!

And it looks sweet too!

Also BigBaja's 800 was running strong but his too short swingarm (+4.5) just didn't allow him to launch properly.

Old 01-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

thats the craps to hear!

totally agree on the fuel bit.

i was using some 6 month always open alky and it did feel right, then opened a fresh one and booya 3 bikes with new fuel!!

Old 01-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer

It was a damn shame to see that bike just sitting on the start line when everybody else took off. That trophy belonged to Jeff!! He had everybody in that class beat by atlest 5 lenghts. Next year bro...

Old 01-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That does suck!!

I hate to hear that the faster bikes didnt come out on top because of lack of time to repair minor things. Hopefully as the race grows they will adopt a better race schedule to allow everyone time to fix minor things. Back to back to back runs are hard on any race bike. But they have there rules. So everyone must play by them.

Theres always next year or other events.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Curious what kind of gas Jeff normally runs. When they ran out of gas for us and we had to franticly find gas or miss the race we used Glen's fuel which I believe was leaded 118. After we filled Glen's quad, we filled Jeff's quad too, and I believe one of the other DS in our group (black one).

Now that I think about it, Jeff was running a mixture of fuels. They first poured him what was remaining of the supplied fuel. He checked his clear fuel lines to fine that he didn't even have enough to fill the float bowls, thats when he topped off with Glen's fuel.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Sandaholic
Curious what kind of gas Jeff normally runs. When they ran out of gas for us and we had to franticly find gas or miss the race we used Glen's fuel which I believe was leaded 118. After we filled Glen's quad, we filled Jeff's quad too, and I believe one of the other DS in our group (black one).

Now that I think about it, Jeff was running a mixture of fuels. They first poured him what was remaining of the supplied fuel. He checked his clear fuel lines to fine that he didn't even have enough to fill the float bowls, thats when he topped off with Glen's fuel.
I was testing all weekend with Sunoco 110 and the bike ran perfect on it... After we drained the fuel for the builders class they had run almost out of the official gas so they gave me some but it wouldn't even fill my bowls so I asked what they wanted me to do because neither I or Glenn had fuel yet so they checked Glenns fuel that he was running wich I think was 118 or 119 octane and said it was ok to just run that so I dumped some of his fuel on top of that and that bike acted like a kid eating spinach!!!! I thought something else had to be wrong for the bike to change that much, But Eric said change out the fuel and put my 110 back in and the bike went from night and day. I would like to see the BUILDERS buy SEALED cans of race gas and have to open and dump them in in front of witnesses. This would not only ensure all the bikes running had fuel but saves FSW Promoters from guessing how much fuel to bring and may minimize the number of bikes in the builders classes.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

SORRY for the fuel mixup!!!!! I run 119 trick for the nos and hardly ever run just motor.

Old 01-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

Glen, remember we had to lean the motor way out on the dyno Sat night and picked up 6hp on motor. We tuned yours and Hard1's in on less octane, so it all makes sense? Hard1's motor went rich on your fuel.

If someone wants to cheat, there is always a way, but the bring your own sealed can sounds like the best idea I've heard, because I'm not sure it's fair for certain builders to dyno tune to the fuel that's going to be run, while the rest of the field has no idea what brand is going in their tank...