CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

dyno graph posted

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno graph posted

I contacted Kenz cycle, they stated they only needed one dyno run to dial in my quad. I confirmed with LeeVon that for $135.00 I only receive one dyno run. LeeVon stated rather it takes one dyno run or a hundred they know what they are doing. He said my bike was already dialed in with the old pipe. I questioned why we went up to 17.5 on air/fuel and he stated that he adjusted, that's why it flatlined. He stated that it is perfect now. Hard to believe for $135.00 this is what you receive. LeeVon says that I should not be worried about air/fuel ratio, that my only concern should be max power of 46.5 horsepower. That the shop is worried about air/fuel ratio and my concern should only be max horsepower. I would like responses to the dyno graph. I believe that when dyno'ing a bike, there should be more than one dyno run. This dyno was done by Kenz Cycle. This setup is with lectron 46pj, race ported intake, open air box, hpr cams #3, k&n air filter, ron wood cdi box, ron wood full exhaust, 15 tooth sprocket, 22" kenda knobby tires (knarlys). Jets have not been changed, carb was setup by hp research. Only adjustments to carb were made by adjusting air/fuel.
dyno graph

Old 01-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Cloftis, I don't know about your graph but that link goes to my chart[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] LOL. Must be a mix-up somewhere.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

is that good or bad?

Old 01-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: crazypainter
Cloftis, I don't know about your graph but that link goes to my chart[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] LOL. Must be a mix-up somewhere.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
same here. it goes to my page

Old 01-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

not sure why, dyno is under my pics! when i click on dyno graph it pops up!

Old 01-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

It shows me my 250x/350x?????? Somethin deff wrong here.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

I think your graph looks pretty good. I can't say about your #'s without flat track tires its nearly impossible to get accurate #'s. I found out the hard way. Last dyno session I switched between the flat track and stock it cost me 5 hp. Take it for what its worth, you might have over 50 actual hp.

Old 01-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

crazy appreciate input, i new tires held back the numbers. i am feeling better already.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cloftis,

I saw your dyno chart on your original thread. I don't see how you could make a lean spot that was that abrupt with carb settings.......especially a lectron. I just wonder if there wasen't an interuption in the fuel at that point in the dyno run.

Ron

Old 01-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

First off, I have NEVER only taken one run on a dyno. You MUST establish a base line before any adjusting is done. Air/fuel mix screw really only deals with idle and there about. For somebody to charge 135 for one pass and then adjust the air mix screw on the lectron.... We'll let's just say that you DIDN'T get what you paid for.

You should of had at least 4 - 6 runs just to adjust both the needle and the PJ. That said, the numbers are probably in line for what a stock bore/compression with a Lectron. If there is no adjustment, and that is truely the best curve, then that would mean that Randall was dead nuts on. That could be, but the point was that you were WAY overcharged. Also back to the peak HP being the most important, well...... I don't agree. You can easily pick up bottom and mid by adjusting the needle or lose like wise, all the while still maintaining peak.

Quick Reply: dyno graph posted