CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Vortex report

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vortex report

Well, we hit the dunes over this last weekend and had a great time. I finally got to try out my new Vortex CDI. And let me tell you it is sweet. Before I get too far, let me tell you that I did not get an oppertunity to try all the different maps and do much expeimenting with it like I wanted. (Was having Carb issues on and off). But the main performance map on this thing in amazing. Worth every penny I paid for it IMHO. Prior to this weekend hill climbs in 3rd were few, but now I was accelerating all the way through 3rd and pulled 4th and the longer ones. He!!, before I could barely pull Banshee hill at Winchester bay in second, not I can pull it in 3rd at 5500RPMs. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Vortex has my vote, and I would say go with that one!!

Old 01-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default Vortex report

dragon - what's the procedure for installing the vortec? could i run a vortec with a stock pipe, or maybe a stock pipe with a hp endcap? right now my bike is completely stock. thanks

Old 01-25-2006, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vortex report

Originally posted by: chouser
dragon - what's the procedure for installing the vortec? could i run a vortec with a stock pipe, or maybe a stock pipe with a hp endcap? right now my bike is completely stock. thanks
Installation is a snap, it only took me about 20 minutes to complete. Remove the stock, put the Votex in the same spot, plug it in to the existing wite harness. The only some what tricky part was getting the switch up to the handle bars. You have to remove the front plastic, and I had to loosen up the oil tank to get it ran. Like I said, 20 minutes and I was ready to go.

As for the other questions, yes and yes. Also with the 10 settings to choose from, and the availbility to send it and have a custom map put in you can run it with any set up, and riding style.

Crap, I sound like an infomercial [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Vortex report

Be careful about that. Some people around here get pretty cranky if you recommend a product other than their preference. They will accuse you of being an official representative of the company! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

......I have noticed though, that it is usually the ones who have invested in an inferior product that don't really want to hear how good another product can be........Hmmm. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sorry Dragon. It is all together too quiet around here![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Default Vortex report

Ron, are you like the moderators headknocker on here or what?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I see what you're saying 100% but I think you'll agree that about 99.8% of everyone on here knows which one is best and wishes they could afford one for themselves.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I know if I had the aftermarket items to make it worth the investment I'd have one.
Not bagging on you, but you're like the gestapo.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] j/k

Old 01-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vortex report

Well I can tell you if I were connected to the company in any way (making money off them) I would not be sitting here at work trying to find ways not to work but still look like I am working [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and it would not have maxed out my credit card either [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Just a happy customer of thiers!

Thanks DSnut, and yes very slow around here lately. Maybe we need to bring back the stirring the pot thread [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Vortex report

Ace,

You know I respect you![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I myself am surprised the moderators tolerate my pot stirring. I have never heard peep from them. I try to keep it clean, though.

Just to be sure I understand.........

When the German Army occupied countries they were accompanied by the Gestapo. When on foreign duties they wore civilian clothes or SS uniforms. They were responsible for rounding up communists, partisans and Jews and others who were considered to be a threat to German rule. The Gestapo quickly developed a reputation for using brutal interrogation methods in order to obtain confessions.

Compare me to the Gestapo......... He He.

Dragon,

I love the looking like you are working without actually working comment. You are smarter than me, I never look like I am working but I am working almost all the time anymore. I bet I get more crap than you do. I just tell people I am efficient...... right before they roll their eyes.

Ron[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vortex report

I have been told before that they hae never seen those smiling faces in any of the documents I right up. My responce was simple, why and trick our reps, they won't be happy when they read it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Yep that one was a nice little 30 minute chat with the manager [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default Vortex report

dragon, my bro had one on his bike worked awesome! a+ in my book.

dsnut, what is a hpr 9 disk clutch? something new?

Old 01-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Vortex report

Shmee,

I don't know for sure. It is the same clutch Sandbomber runs. Randall recommended it since I plan to go with a stroker motor next fall. I don't know exactly what the difference is between the HPR and the Barnett except $50. I spent it because Randall's recommendations are worth at least that much to me.

Ron

Dragon,

30 minutes with the manager? Ouch! Did he catch you red handed? Next time pull your monitor over in your lap and stare straight ahead until he leaves!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Vortex report