CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dumont bound- where are the vegas guys??

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont bound- where are the vegas guys??

I will be arriving eve of the 23rd Feb( thursday) and will be leaving Sunday, Justin and his crew will be meeting up down there Friday am, we'll have a coupla rails and a coupla fast quads and a stock DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I know we'll be there a few days after Presidents day so we'll miss the big crowds and competition, but is anyone else gonna be there to show us around?
Word has it there will be some very fast V's down that weekend -
It'll be nice to find some warmer temps and get on some nice sand, it's been too long!

Mario- do you remember the name of the post you put up to explain the short cut from Vegas to Dumont? Looking to get there as quick as I can.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Curtis, Great to hear your comming out to the greatest dunes ever!!lol

Maybe bigdaddy and I can cruise his ranger around and show you around. Ill try to plan now for that weekend.

Are you traveling at night? or day. If daytime you will see the "tecopa" turnoff on the left hand side of the road after you come down mount Potesi pass.. If your comming through Vegas you will go up blue diamond towards pahrump. You then will go over your first little mountain called Mt potesi, You then go over that and you will hit a streatch of road toward pahrump. I think it is about 10 mi on the left.. Might be a little hard to see at night because the the sign is small. In day time you can see a mound of gravel on left side. The turnoff is right there.

Once you take the road to Tecopa stay on that road, go staright through the little towns till you come to highway 127 towards baker.. Once you go left at the T you will find dumont about 15 miles down on the left, Once you start going down in the valley you will see Sand hills from a far on the left.

I hope this makes sence, Ive been working hard all day.. On the ds of couse.

These directions only apply if you are going through Vegas.

Mapquest directions from Vegas to Tecopa hot springs, then Tecopa to Baker.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

to baker what bakersfield the town of baker? give me some directions to dumont coming from fresno

Old 02-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I Dont know that way Scott, I will mapquest it for ya though. Ill shoot ya an e-mail..

Old 02-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Can't wait to get down there. Should be a mild weekend after presidents day.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

Mario, thanks for the directions- pm me your phone # I've lost it

Old 02-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

to baker what bakersfield the town of baker? give me some directions to dumont coming from fresno
2Big, Take 99 to Bakersfield, take 58 to Tehacapi. Keep going on 58 to Four Corner. Go staight through the signal towards Barstow. When you get to Barstow, take 15 towards Vegas. Whasen you get to Baker ( with the big thermometer) turn left towards Death Valley. In about 25 miles you will see the dues on the right. You make a right, then go about 6-8 miles to the turn off to the right. Happy duneing. We will see you there.

Old 02-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

I would never think about bad mouthing the Ninja but.....

I used to go that way, and have found that I save 15 minutes and get way more head aches that way... Since I15 was completed between here and Baker, it's ultra smooth. I leave my house pulling the toybox and thow in a movie. It usually ends as we're pulling to the little dunes. Usually takes me about about two hours. Give or take 10 minutes. The fastest I had ever done the same trip with the same pull the back was was 1hour and 48 minutes. The back way road is one lane per side and twisty-turny the entire way. Couple of big dips and 90's where you don't expect them. If you are just carrying a day trailer... No problem at all. If you are towing something significant.... the only way to go is I15. You'll also have places to stop, get water, fuel, food etc. etc.

Sorry Ninja. Pulling a 37foot toybox SUCKS the back way.

If everything goes right, the NINJA and I could probably meet you out there. Probably just a day trip for us though. Be good to meet up with some guys. We'll see if Bud can get out there as well. He'll make us drewel with all the cool toys he has.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

Curtis, I will probably not make it.

I am going tomorrow and then next weekend.

Maybe if I owned a quad it would be different.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Have a safe trip.

Al

Old 02-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

sorry we won't be able to ride AL- I thought you had a 450?

anyone else gonna be there?

Quick Reply: Dumont bound- where are the vegas guys??