CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS 650 mod list

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS 650 mod list

I just baught a new 05 DS 650, its great but now for the mods.................. i dont know where to start so im open to suggestions. I figgured i would put the on a K&N, dyno jet kit, and a pipe of some sort for starters. So hit me up with a list of suggestions and the recomendations of what make and model of mods you guys put on.

Old 02-15-2006, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default DS 650 mod list

Welcome to the Forum, you will find never ending knowledge here...As for mods, check my sig and that is what I have done and am very happy with them. Where are you at, and where do you ride???

Old 02-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider
Has been riding one thing or another since I was 11 years old.(31 years).
Default DS 650 mod list

when i bought my DS the first thing i did was a Ron Woods pipe & rev box. My dyno guy said he has seen FANTASTIC results with the Yoshimira slip on.8-10 hp i think is what he said. I am VERY happy with my pipe, it made a big diff. in helping the power. find your local dyno guy.. he is a wealth of info.. ny guy at KMS is always very helpfull and honest about advice. he is my engine guy as well. BEWARE!!! i used to be just like you when my quad was new .. "I'll just do this and thats all" HAHAHA its never enough.. speed is like a drug, the more you have the more you want. my weekend play has ended up costing me a little over $12000.00 to get it where it is. Do i need the bottle yet? don't need it but would like it , not scared anymore

Old 02-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS 650 mod list

OK, here are my Mods: Sealed the oil sending unit, added a secondary fuel filterand switched to synthetic. ROFL

Seriously though, I can flip mine over backwards from a stop, maybe even in second gear while moving (haven't tried when I hit the rev limiter in 5th gear I'm going faster then I probably should. How freaking much more does a guy need? Yeah, I know, stupid question. Well my buddy just got an 06 YFZ450 this week, we go riding for the first time this Monday, I'll probably be back here with my tail between my legs asking "ok, now what do I have to add to keep up with him in a drag"??

Old 02-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS 650 mod list

raidermike67 where are you going to go ride?

Old 02-16-2006, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default DS 650 mod list

We are just going over to Prarie City for a few hours.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Trailblazer
Default DS 650 mod list

thanx for all the help guys, i went ahead and ordered a stage 3 jet kit with K&N air filter, holeshot HD's, and renthal handlebars with the bar clamp (i definately needed new handlebars). Now since i live in a smaller town in Alberta Canada,the nearest place to take my bike to get modded is 3hrs away, and i work almost every day, i'll probably be doing all this myself so any suggestions on how to install the jet kit and K&N would be appreciated. Also with the jet kit and K&N i hear its a good idea to put on some sort of aftermarket pipe, now since im a virgin to this kind of stuff, is this necessary, and what kind (so far i'm favoring the FMF series). It will be my next mod, but not for a couple weeks, so hopefully it'll work with the factory pipe.

Old 02-17-2006, 06:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default DS 650 mod list

Read this post from OMR
I really like my HMF.Good luck with your mods. stock carb mods

Old 02-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS 650 mod list

Originally posted by: Spear124
thanx for all the help guys, i went ahead and ordered a stage 3 jet kit with K&N air filter, holeshot HD's, and renthal handlebars with the bar clamp (i definately needed new handlebars). Now since i live in a smaller town in Alberta Canada,the nearest place to take my bike to get modded is 3hrs away, and i work almost every day, i'll probably be doing all this myself so any suggestions on how to install the jet kit and K&N would be appreciated. Also with the jet kit and K&N i hear its a good idea to put on some sort of aftermarket pipe, now since im a virgin to this kind of stuff, is this necessary, and what kind (so far i'm favoring the FMF series). It will be my next mod, but not for a couple weeks, so hopefully it'll work with the factory pipe.
As for the pipes, do some searches on here and see what people have had to say about different ones. I realize that is very time consuming, so in my opinion after having spent hours doing that very thing. I desided that the FMF seemed to have some reliability issues, and for me over priced. If it were me doing it all over again, I would be going with my HMF still or maybe even the HPR top gun. Just my .02

Old 02-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a 730 kit from OMW with web109's and a 48mm lectron. It has some serious torque!
Default DS 650 mod list

i like my setup. i was a complete newbie when it came to jetting but the guys here really helped me out and its running great now. putting on a slip on is really easy, i went with a slip on because i didnt wanna mess around with my head pipes. i got some really nice gains with just my k&n and my FMF. i was gonna get a HFM sport series but i went with the FMF and i love it, gave me good power and toque and it isnt massively loud either. i was just curious tho does anyone have an idea for what kind of power im putting out? i was guessing 45ish??