CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

well looking for some help which atv.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well looking for some help which atv.

I am in market for new ride, models, I am looking at are the
2006 Honda Rincon 680
2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
BRB 800 XT
BRB 650 XT
They all seem to have their strong points.
The grizzly for its reliability and sure working ability in he mud. But they are behind time in their model up grade.
The Honda because of reliability and soft ride (wish was lower gear little more torque)
BRB 800 because sure power
BRB 650 because I feel like the 800 might be too much power for me and has more ground clearance over the 400 that I liked but the 650 has the EFI.
Concerns are if I am going to spend this kind money what would you do and why.
First I ride trails but do allot of mud riding in my trial ride with our club, my past ride has been a Honda TRX 300 2X4 with over sized mudlites on back. Tired of not being able to get through the mud and everyone having to pull me out.
I enjoy hunting and general riding did some tech riding this last year enjoyed that but there again everyone had to help me too much not because my riding ability bit because no traction, not enough ground clearance ect.so with that please post away and help me I am in last couple weeks before I pick one. My personal goal is to purchase by March 15th club has big ride and lots of mud on 25th. Oh please excuse any spelling and grammar not my big area. Thanks

Old 02-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

"The 800 might be too much power for me".............Hahahahahahahaha You've got to be kidding. There's not a person on this site that hasn't or is going to modify their engine for MORE POWER.....!

You pulled a funny one there guy....

Old 02-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

well normally i would say blaster........... but since i am trying to play nice and everyone on the bomb forum has seemed to be on the edge of explosion i would say that the new 800 outlander is a unbelievable quad and is only as powerful as you let it be. remember that you control the machine and not the other way around. if you start with something that you cannot grow into you will not be happy. as of right now there is no outgrowing the 800 unless you decide to get a jeep or something. it is THE utility quad to have right now. good luck

Old 02-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Trailblazer

SCOUNDREL

"The 800 might be too much power for me".............Hahahahahahahaha You've got to be kidding. There's not a person on this site that hasn't or is going to modify their engine for MORE POWER.....!

You pulled a funny one there guy.... "
actually being very serious some of you guys want to go fast most the rest of us want to be able to ride and get through the trails and mud period !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched a guy last week flip his machine(BRB 800) over backwards yes it has to much power for most riders.

Old 02-24-2006, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

You wouldnt be saying "to much power" on a rutted out steep rocky grade with mud slinging everywhere. Passing all other machines to the top. Stopping only to pull a honda out of the muck and mire! My choice would be the BRP 800.

Bombsaint, Good to see you sticking to your word.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

He's asking legitimately guys, If I'm right he is a East Coast Atv Riders member and they are going to Busco Beach at the end of march.

This is the link

I'm thinking about going, I was talking about it with my nephew. It looks like a lotta mud but it also looks like it can be avoided. We know the DS is not a big mud monster, but it will go threw some pretty good. My nephew has a 250 quadracer so his concerns where the same. lol. We still might go. Looks like allot of nice trails there. I can't help you with the question cause I grew out of the mud years ago. But there are few here that can get you pointed in the right direction. =]

Old 02-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Its all about respect for your power. If you dont respect it, it will quickly remind you. Sometimes it takes a good flip, roll, crash to "remind you". That throttle lever IS the power. I remember riding a new polaris 250 thinking wow this is cool, ......good thing I sold it for what I paid for it! Then got on the a DS and said "WOW, now this thing can kill me!" There is a fine line you have to draw and thats the respect for the machines power. Being scared of it is that fine line.

So don't go spending all that money just to tell yourself 2 months later, shoulda, coulda got the bigger one.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

My opinion on the deal is that you cannot HAVE too much power but you can GIVE IT too much power. If you have control over your throttle you will not flip. If you have respect for your machine and its power you wil not just go slamming the throttle everywhere. You always could, however, if you got into trouble. I always would like to have a little more to get myself out of trouble. If you ever have to gas it to get the front end up over a drop off, fallen tree, washout, or stump you know what I mean. The worst thing ever is to not have power when you really need it. "Too much power" is relative to how much power YOU give it.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: FatHolly
My opinion on the deal is that you cannot HAVE too much power but you can GIVE IT too much power. If you have control over your throttle you will not flip. If you have respect for your machine and its power you wil not just go slamming the throttle everywhere. You always could, however, if you got into trouble. I always would like to have a little more to get myself out of trouble. If you ever have to gas it to get the front end up over a drop off, fallen tree, washout, or stump you know what I mean. The worst thing ever is to not have power when you really need it. "Too much power" is relative to how much power YOU give it.
Holly you read my mind..., SCARY...

Old 02-24-2006, 08:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, there ARE plenty of guys out there riding 400 class and smaller machines that are still having a great time. Having the biggest, baddest 4x is more bragging rights/convenience type stuff to me. If you can afford that 800Bomb, I say go for it because there are some advantages. On the other hand, all of those atv's mentioned have good power and are capable. You may well be the one doling out help next ride instead of asking for it.

Quick Reply: well looking for some help which atv.