CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Mt. Baldy Hillclimb - Silver Lake ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mt. Baldy Hillclimb - Silver Lake ??

okay local guys, tell me everything you know about it,
I've been going to SL for years but never experienced it.
And the DNR site has no info on it.
Thanks!

Old 03-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Hightower,

I have a few flyers laying here, if you have a fax number, Ill send you a copy. Mt. Baldy is the hill you see from the parking lot. (the steep one your not allowed on). Its a 100 foot run up, and you start on the incline. You get 2 runs only, NO practice. Its 30 bucks to register that day, and you have to tech at the ranger station. Tethers and sparkys ARE required. I recieved an email from the director of the event, and he said the decibel levels shouldnt be an issue, but sparkys will. I will assume the worst when I go, and make sure Im under the level. You also have to join their club to run. Thats an additional 25 bucks, and you can do it at the tech in. The event is on the 14th (sunday). The WMSD will be having a test and tune day on Saturday.

I am going to this, even though thats an awful lot of dough for 2 runs up a hill, and no practice.

Gary

Old 03-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

That's great info man, thanks alot!

one more thing -
you say sunday the 14th - is that May?

I think my bike would be a great contender, and I have a sparky and sound tuning ability, as well as tether kill so I'm set, only problem is I'm just too big of a guy to be a real contender, regardless of bike! But I've ALWAYS wanted to climb that hill man, and I might just be willing to pay $55 to do it!! So if its May 14th, I checked my schedule and I am off work, so if I can get away from the wife and kid for the weekend I may come up.

I pm'ed you a fax #, thanks alot!

Hey what about classes, know anything the class breakdown, if any?

Old 03-06-2006, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

WHOA... you get to run that? The first time I went to SL I saw that hill and couldnt wait to ride it...then got to the end of the 5 hill run and saw the exit *DAMN* lol.

I might be up for trying that- sounds pretty cool even though it would probably be difficult to contend with light jockeys and light bikes. I have the top gun on now which covers the sparky aspect but would just hope they wouldnt enforce the DB law as I think I would only end up running a hanful of discs on the top gun. I also have a tether so im covered there.

Chris or gary- if one of you wouldnt mind giving me the low down on the info that would be great. Sadly I dont have access to a fax or I would go that route.

Would be nice to have a good showing of DS' at the event!

Old 03-06-2006, 12:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

dammit man, my head is not on straight - I leave for Little Sahara Utah on may 16th at 3:00am, not sure if I can swing this Mt. Baldy climb after all!!! But I will try, we'll see when it gets closer if I get everything done I need done.

Roost I'll get the info scanned and posted up on my website within the next couple days, I'll post a link.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

Thats too bad- hopefully it works out and you can squeeze it all in. Our LS trip is early june this year so looks like yet again we will be cruising solo as far as DS riders go.
Sounds good about the info - thanks HT

Old 03-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

seems like every year for the past several we've missed each other by a month out west,
this year me and my buddys decided we wanted cool weather for a change, the past 3 years in a row we've gone in June and baked. now we'll probably freeze at night though!

Hey I'm looking over the flyer dstroyer just faxed, its a little vague and actually the info Dstroyer posted is more informative. But it does have the registration form, which you will be able to copy and print after I post it up on the site. and by registering early you save $5, so its worht mailing in. It also says only the first 30 quads that pay in advance will be entered!! only 30 quads total to race??

Old 03-06-2006, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

yah when i saw that hill that was one of the first things i wanted hit, until i found out i couldnt get to it but that would definetly be fun hit.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris, If I am not mistaken they have 2 of these events a year, I have been there a few times when it was going on, some wild looking machines will be there.

Old 03-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

Hey BigWaynester,

Do you have a silver lake trip planned yet?

Quick Reply: Mt. Baldy Hillclimb - Silver Lake ??