CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Little Sahara Utah

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Sahara Utah

Just wanted to say thanks to Nathan and his friends for the great day of dune riding. We just happened to see Major out on the dunes with his Gixxer creation - all I can say is OMG! That thing rocks!

Old 04-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

Marky,
Glad you could make it on such short notice! That 460 on BOSS is impressive!

What a great day on the Dunes:

Fresh power from HPR and On-Dunes worked out nice. Ran great picked up at least 1500 RPM up the valley side in absolutely crap hill conditions rutten up wooped out heavy wet sand.
A little carb tweaking and a new CDI and it should be even better.

Rode with great friends and sun's finally out.

Bomb is #1 at Planet Sand.

I dont think it gets any better than this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

BTW DJ..... CRASH count this trip 3 out of 4 riders down and no diputing they were crashes, 3 bombs upside down in the sand today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Eveyone OK no bikes injured ......crappy unstable wet sand 3- DS riders 0, nice job on a wreck free day Marky [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

All that and I only lost to Majorecho by half a hill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] he only gave me a 30 bike length jump off the line[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Nate,
you need to adjust your signature by half a point and I'd sure like some more details on the day. Glad to hear no one was hurt but it sounds like I let you boys go off by yourselves and you let your testosterone override your brains. Glad to hear you were happy with your machines performance. How much of the performance change do you credit to the piston and how much the cams? Maybe that is difficult to determine. Maybe in Late July I'll get to meet Marky.

Old 04-08-2006, 10:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I love Utah!! Glad you had a great tiem Marky!!

See ya in May Nate!!

Old 04-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like everyone had a great day....We were out playing in the mud today, so good times all around. Always an indisputable crash when the ds throws you clean off [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Those darn ds bikes just don't like to stay on all four wheels do they. Glad to hear that everyone is ok and that there was no damage. What kind of wrecks were they. Oh by the wayy,,Dragon. At least these guys will admit when it is a wreck..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Two DS's piled up - and Air is trapped under them as teh hot exhaust burns his leg!

Here's a pic from a couple years ago, taken at Little Sahara Utah. One of our forum members - Air - is one of them.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Marky, Nate,
good to see you guys! it's been awhile,
did you have the rollerovers before or after we met? Glad to hear you guys were ok. We had a great time, the wind died down towards late afternoon and the sand dried out some more, at least the snow is all gone, looks like dune season is finally here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Weather permitting I'll be back down next weekend for Easter, should be some good racing!
see ya on the dunes!

Old 04-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Pro Rider

Curtis,
I going to miss Easter weekend this year we will be in Austoria, OR starting our little family vacation.
The W/E of the 29th will be the next trip, hopefully with the Boss Noss on it by then, get them parts in Marky! Then of course May 17th weekend with the Flatlanders woo hoo!

As far as the wrecks go I was first to go, the sand was very wet and compacted, in most places, I came off the front of a small steep dune and hit some very loose soft sand and the front end just sank right out from under me, happened so fast all I could do was dive off the front and get out of the way as she rolled over forward comming to a rest with the nose straight up I the air.

Dj's was next caught a rock with the front tire on a tight trail and flipped it over sideways ending up under the bike, probably the worst of the 3.

The last was the same as mine pretty much exept going up a small dune got buried in soft sand in the wrong gear he turned to go back down and nowhere to go just bushes and shat on the downside of the dune so he locked em up and buried the front end , over she went!

I am always impressed with the durability of these bikes mine's been rolled 4 times now and its none for the worse, takes a licken and keeps on tickin.

Conjeo,
still waiting for that info.......hopefully when they get back from Planet Sand, more important stuff going on right now.
Thanks for getting me back together in time to ride while your gone, its pulling strong at 7-7.5k 3rd gear, better sand and I would have been pulling 4rth I'm sure. All smiles and yes I beat Jed (not viper650...yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Old 04-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

DJ is probably sore this morning. Glad I was there to help him get out from underneath the DS. He walked it off, and it wasnt long before he was riding good again. That's one tuff dude! I also noticed that he looked back quite a bit to make sure I was still back there - Thats something I appreciate when learning a new area.

I tell you what, these dunes out here are an interesting challenge for me. I hope I didnt slow you guys down too much. I had to re-learn how to attack these cresent dunes all over again - The last time I did that was at Glamis 3 years ago.

The elevation change seems to have sapped about 5hp-10hp out of the 460. So, thats another something to get used to. I was using NOSS alot like the sled guys do, push it when you need it, anytime you need it. The 15 shot up the steep hills was making her go over, I can see that the 20hp will be interesting in that regard. Maybe some bigger front tires and heavier rims would make good ballast!

The boss and I may sneak out of the office sometime this week and build on my technical skills. I'll probably be working on his DS all week to get ready.

Quick Reply: Little Sahara Utah