CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander Battery boxes

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander Battery boxes

Hi,
I was real close to getting the Outlander Max today but when I saw where the battery box was it has kind of turned me off of them. Isnt this a perfect place to get your battery busted while you are 30 miles out? Hanging out the back like that just seems a little brain dead on the designers part. Even the aluminum surrounding it is very lite weight and really provides no protection. Has anybody had an issue with this? I was all stocked until I saw that now I'm holding back. May also go with the Polaris MV7 any thoughts on that?

Old 05-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

The only problem with the Outy batteries are the strap that holds them on is not adequate enough. This is what I have read anyway. I have been on some teeth rattling trails and the battery is still there. However, I have been warned, and if the battery comes loose and breaks, which it probably would, it will be my fault. Therefore, I am going to get some big zip strips and strap it up. With no battery on the Outy, I would be totally screwed, might even carry a spare battery.

Regarding the location of the battery, I have never heard of anyone having a problem with it being hit or damaged. You would about have to back into a tree branch to reach it.

Do yourself a favor - get the Outy 800 - it's a trip man. If you're going to get a 2 up Max especially, they are one heck of a bike riding one up or two up, they can go anyplace.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Trailblazer

Yes, the battery does look a little strange where it is!!!!
But, I hang out on every corner spraying gravel 50 feet +++++
If you don't believe me, you can ask my riding buddy who drives a brute force who is ALWAYS behind me!!
I have not done any damage to my battery so far.
Don't miss out on this quad because of a battery, you will not be disappointed.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

ditto

Old 05-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks everybody!! Keep it comin.
Kawi good to hear from you again, last we spoke was way back in jan or Feb of last year. How have you been? Go to other topics forum and the the one "IMPORTANT please read" to see what I have been doing.
Yea but wouldnt that MV7 being bullet proof and all be fun I mean its only weighs a thousand pounds DRY