ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   CAN-AM (BRP) (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/)
-   -   Pricing for Renegade is here!!! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/239108-pricing-renegade-here.html)

twentycharacters 05-16-2006 04:40 PM

Pricing for Renegade is here!!!

You've posted company executive quotes which again, did not prove anything.
yes is does. executives are privy to info that the general public is not. their goal is to make the co money. period.
the executives did NOT want it anymore, i have proven that. if was generating profit year after yr it would have offset the costs from the other 'loser divisions' they had.

by everyones logic here of it being a 'highly profittable' division, it would have been in their best interest in the long run to KEEP it IF IF IF it was serious money maker for them. it doesnt take a rocket scientist or an economist to figure that out. but they sold the line that had the lowest profit margin for, yes cash, a good chunck. if it did 'stop the bleeding' somewhere else, bombardier inc is not bleeding anymore. they have signed several multi-million dollar deals across the globe for air and transit stuff. and ive showed you financials from BRP that shows a loss for fiscal 2006. if you dont want to believe it, dont. i dont care.

like i have maintained consistently through this, i do NOT hate BRP/CAN-AM i actually think they do make pretty good stuff. i just think the price shoudl be lower if they expect to sell the hell out of these things. i do not want to see them go out like cannondale did (ATV-wise) b/c the price point was not justifiable. demand will determine what happens.

whoever said they like yanking my chain b/c it wa so easy to do, i aint mad at no one. i havent even started yet. the people that know me for real, know this. once again good luck with your renegade if you buy one.
if it was lighter, and slightly cheaper, i might consider one.

maxxedouty 05-16-2006 06:15 PM

I seen a drag between a yz and the xt. it was close but the yz won by a little bit.

raidermike67 05-16-2006 06:27 PM

Originally posted by: twentycharacters

You've posted company executive quotes which again, did not prove anything.
yes is does. executives are privy to info that the general public is not. their goal is to make the co money. period.
the executives did NOT want it anymore, i have proven that. if was generating profit year after yr it would have offset the costs from the other 'loser divisions' they had.

by everyones logic here of it being a 'highly profittable' division, it would have been in their best interest in the long run to KEEP it IF IF IF it was serious money maker for them. it doesnt take a rocket scientist or an economist to figure that out. but they sold the line that had the lowest profit margin for, yes cash, a good chunck. if it did 'stop the bleeding' somewhere else, bombardier inc is not bleeding anymore. they have signed several multi-million dollar deals across the globe for air and transit stuff. and ive showed you financials from BRP that shows a loss for fiscal 2006. if you dont want to believe it, dont. i dont care.

like i have maintained consistently through this, i do NOT hate BRP/CAN-AM i actually think they do make pretty good stuff. i just think the price shoudl be lower if they expect to sell the hell out of these things. i do not want to see them go out like cannondale did (ATV-wise) b/c the price point was not justifiable. demand will determine what happens.

whoever said they like yanking my chain b/c it wa so easy to do, i aint mad at no one. i havent even started yet. the people that know me for real, know this. once again good luck with your renegade if you buy one.
if it was lighter, and slightly cheaper, i might consider one.
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

Generalization and assumptions, that is ALL you have posted, not a single fact that points to the Rec. division being a money loser. Using your same logic anyone who purchased BRP must have a screw loose, who on EARTH spends BILLIONS on a money losing operation??

Clearly the price of these ATV's isn't a factor, they can't even keep up with the demand, this pretty much shoots your theory straight down.

I honestly don't have a clue how profitable the Rec. division of Bombardier was/is and you haven't posted a single thing that leads me to believe they were unprofitable. Bombardier had major issues with the monorail they built in Las Vegas, ran WAY behind schedule and over budget.

I work in the supermarket industry, 6 years ago my company purchased/merged with a larger grocery chain. We we essentially acquired them even though we were the smaller company. The two years prior to this merger the company we purchased began selling off PROFITABLE parts of their business, dairy's, bakeries real estate etc....Why were they doing this? To pad their bottom line to show a profit on an otherwise unprofitable company. Being saddled with debt they had no choice but to either sell off the company in pieces or seek a friendly merger. Needless to say, this became a disaster and 6 years later the entire company is being broken up and sold off to three different entities.

twentycharacters 05-16-2006 07:19 PM

Generalization and assumptions, that is ALL you have posted, not a single fact that points to the Rec. division being a money loser. Using your same logic anyone who purchased BRP must have a screw loose, who on EARTH spends BILLIONS on a money losing operation??
WTF??? Mike you are one peice of work, dude. I hate to be blunt, but, can you read? Do honestly believe the words that you type? you answered your own question. the reason why no on else bought them like honda or harley was b/c it was a loser. THE FAMILY KEPT IT. You can keep calling it generalizations all you want - i have shown you losing financials from the now and facts of who, when, AND why.... if you dont want to believe it, DONT. i really dont care.

and who says they cant keep up with demand? they just bragged about making the 6 millionth rotax engine (some they sell to BMW) so i dont think there is a problem in the production line. its the marketing strategy and genius that came up with the price. if you want to pay it, FINE, no one is stopping you.

OneFlyCowboy 05-16-2006 07:31 PM

twenty what do you think yamaha would charge for an 800CC 4x4? cuz i look at the raptors 660 to 700 is a $800 jump for 26cc, EFI, differnt front brake calipers, and an aluminum subframe. and lost a woppin 2 lbs.. 396lbs dry.. DREAM ON about a 400 lb 4x4..

Mdog 05-16-2006 07:51 PM

Wrong again twenty, Honda wanted BRP very bad but BRP said no because they had other plans. The family wanted the company like they once had it, specializing in powersports!

And like raidermike say's
"Generalization and assumptions, that is ALL you have posted, not a single fact that points to the Rec. division being a money loser. Using your same logic anyone who purchased BRP must have a screw loose, who on EARTH spends BILLIONS on a money losing operation?? "

BRP is thinking way ahead.

twentycharacters 05-16-2006 08:13 PM

DREAM ON about a 400 lb 4x4..
you know, they used to say that a 4stroke would never be comoetitve in motocross , etc... look now, 4strokes are taking it. technology ha arrived.

i said 450lb in the other thread.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] thats a reasonable target.

if honda can take a recon and shave about 60lbs from it to make the 250ex (thats what they did), then an OEM can make a light 4x4. in not the impossible dream, here.

i dont want a 800cc tank. there's no need for it. a lightweight sport 4x4 with NO racks is what i and others have been saying. gigantic heavy beasts are not innovative enough. a real 450cc machine is all it would have to be (wolverine doesnt count - its a turd) it would not have the towing or utility capacity of a big 800, but then again its not the intent of such a bike. id like to see a light, HP 4x4. it wil be a fast, fun go anywhere bike. honda was testing one with the CRF250 engine- (i would like to see a slightly bigger engine, but if anybody can do it, honda can) and was liking the results and they believe there to be a market for such a bike. they are right. no one makes a light, sporty 4x4 (wolverine is not light enough, it is officially a turd). it can and it will happen.

raidermike67 05-16-2006 09:09 PM

and who says they cant keep up with demand? they just bragged about making the 6 millionth rotax engine (some they sell to BMW) so i dont think there is a problem in the production line. its the marketing strategy and genius that came up with the price. if you want to pay it, FINE, no one is stopping you>>>>>>

EVERY dealership I've talked to, they still can't get the Outlander 650 out here yet.

We'll just have to agree to disagree....IMO you haven't proven your point.

cc1999 05-16-2006 09:25 PM

At this point, twenty I think its safe to say you are not going to be able to convince any of us that you know what your talking about here. A deal from 3 years ago is water under the bridge anyway. I think most of us are glad the deal was made and that the company is back in the hands of people that actualy give a dam about making great top of the line products. I also think most of us are happy with our machines and that BRP is once again pushing the industry forward toward bigger better products. If the prices end up being to high like I said before they will throw out some rebate offers to adjust to the market, just like Honda has been doing the last few years.

DS650powe 05-16-2006 09:37 PM

how do u think you can make an 800cc quad come down to 450lbs? that is kind of ridiculous. the motor alone probably weighs 120lbs,(ds650 motor weighs at 110 i think) and with all that power you need the strength of the components to make it function properly or it will just break all the time.