ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   CAN-AM (BRP) (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/)
-   -   Pricing for Renegade is here!!! (https://atvconnection.com/forums/can-am-brp/239108-pricing-renegade-here.html)

Daranello75 05-12-2006 10:59 AM

Pricing for Renegade is here!!!

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Gentlemen, be careful in getting to Can am's web site. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. Another reason Can-am was a horrible choice of names. Maybe....well....
I'd be carfull posting that! I got kicked for a week posting that link, trust me edit it out or you'll get a vacation!

cc1999 05-12-2006 11:04 AM

Originally posted by: EasyQuader
This will not be a quad for everybody. This beast is the one at the top of the pile. The best always costs more. This one will be ready to do it all out of the box. If you want a good deal there are other quads out there for that. If you want a quad that will do what this one will do add up what it will cost to mod one out to this level before you think $9300 is to much.
Finaly someone that sees the big picture here, I agree completly with what you are saying, I have been saying that same thing for the past year about the Outy 800. I have made other quads that can perform at the level of the BRP 800 machines and it has cost more than the BRP cost every time. If you realy buget, and dig in hard to find a great deal on say a Kawi you can buy shocks and CDI's and pipes and wheels and tires and get close to the level of the Outy 800, but it still not EFI , and missing a few other features, but in general can perform on the track pretty well. But the new Renegade is a race ready ute, that you won't have a pile of cheap OEM part laying around the garage right after buying it, also fokes forget to figure in the labor to mod out another make, sure allot of fokes do the work them selves but it still labor rather yours or some bike shops, and most fokes don't have the proper equipment to set them up right so they end up paying to have them dialed back in to get the most out of there mods. For the performance nut the Renegade is an off the rack performer, that will rival most heavily modded copeditors.

For those that don't think they will sell, just look at the price of a seadoo or a yamaha wave runner and ask the question, if they can get 10-14k out of a very seasonal type machine (good for maybe 3 months out of the year in most areas) like that then why would they not be able to get 8-12k for the top performing quads on the market, that are good for year around recreation in most parts of the country.

I don't like the high prices either, but I do know what it take to make other models perform at this level and it is more than fair price for what you are getting IMO. I also beleive that by the end of next year there will be dealers willing to deal on them just like right now if you shop and are will drive to get it, I know there are dealer taking 500-800 dollars of the prices of the 06' 800's making the standard model price out in the upper 7k range. So I don't think the new 2007 models will be any different next year. I am sure though the first few months the Renegade is out that sticker will likely be the price if not a little extra just like the first Outy 800's were last summer.

squeege 05-12-2006 11:15 AM

At least you get some kind of security system for spen'n close to $10,000....

Mdog 05-12-2006 11:38 AM

Myself and two friends are planning to get the Renegade, sure it's expensive but the best usually is. Like cc1999 basically says your getting what you pay for with those higher performance parts. We race GNCC's and see what people really spend, IMO it's a bargain for GNCC UTE racers.

cc1999 05-12-2006 11:39 AM

Originally posted by: Sep1
cc1999,
I agree with you 500.00 is not a huge difference. When you consider the upgrated shocks alone. Don't know what you mean by the duel front disks in front, my Outty 800 also has them.
Also I have a question to anyone that can answer. I'm going to upgrade the ugly stock wheels, I'm looking at the Maxxis 4X4 wheel I can get them for $48.00 a rim, which I think is a good deal. Question is I know the Outty off-set is 4 +3, but maxxis lists the off-set as +15. What the heck does that equate to?

You are right about the brakes there are two inboad mounted disc on the front, I had it pictured in my mind that there was only one on the front just like the back but not turned sideways. There are two up in there, my bad. They just moved them out to the hubs on the Renegade rather than inboard monted like the outy. Sorry for the error , good catch Sep 1

squeege 05-12-2006 12:51 PM

yeah sign me up for one, but right after I finish paying off the $5400 mountain bike frame off ebay" Nicolai DH Downhill Freeride Mountain Bike MTB Frame" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

cgi.ebay.com/Nicolai-DH-Downhill-Freeride-Mountain-Bike-MTB-Frame_W0QQitemZ7239517675QQcategoryZ98083QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

I'm kidding: I don't race but anyone wanna sponser me send a PM [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

44MAG 05-12-2006 01:17 PM

Every one said the same thing about the Outlander 800 when it came out. “how are they going to get that much for a quad” “that thing is way to expensive to sell” now we see a lot of them in use so some one is willing to pay it. The Renegade will sell you wait and see. As soon as so and so gets one his or her buddy’s will have to have one and out the door they will go.

12MANY 05-12-2006 03:22 PM

Is it just my imagination, or is most of the "whining and crying" over the price coming from non-Bombardier owning people. If you want to be the first kid on the block, step up to the plate. And if you can't play with the BIG DOGS, get back on the porch with the woman folk.

squeege 05-12-2006 03:29 PM

I like Bombardier and may own one soon cause yamaha hasn't hit my tastebuds lately......but come-on $10,000 GTFO of here

"Guess I can't bash prices of Bombardier till I shell out the money and buy one"

OneFlyCowboy 05-12-2006 03:32 PM

Originally posted by: 12MANY
Is it just my imagination, or is most of the "whining and crying" over the price coming from non-Bombardier owning people. If you want to be the first kid on the block, step up to the plate. And if you can't play with the BIG DOGS, get back on the porch with the woman folk.
LMAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I think the high price weeds out allotta irresponsible Riders and thus lowers the liability exposure for the company so they can provide a more leading edge product.. I could be wrong though.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]