CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!!!

Hi guys, i just bought a used bomberdier 650 ds las saturday. I was riding and i noticed the red indicator light on. I checked the radiator and it is full. Is the red light just for overheating or does it have another use??? Just wanted to know if someone ever had this problem and what can it be? I've heard they have an overheating problem. Is this a common problem with you guys, is it true? Thanks

Old 05-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need help!!!

STOP!!!!!! The red light is for both oil pressure and engine temp. Do not ride until you figure out what is going on. Start by bleading your oil. Then make sre you have oil flowing into the oil tank from the return. You could have a blown oil pressure sensor but top be safe don't ride till you get a new one and the problem fixed.

Old 05-19-2006, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need help!!!

Thanks for the fast response. I did'nt know it was from oil pressure also. I've riden it after the light is one. Yesterday it happened but i turned it of quickly. But today i drove it aproximately half a mile because i needed to get home. If i turn off the quad for some minutes after the light turns on and then turn on the atv again sometimes it goes off and sometimes it does not. If the oil sensor is damaged, can it damage my engine or it will just give false indication? But it is not always on. thanks for the help

Old 05-19-2006, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default Need help!!!

If the red light is going on and off then you may have some blockage in the oil system... have you changed your oil yet. I would deffinetly do that immediatly, maybe a couple times in the next few rides. Most of the oil pressure sensor problems I have heard of are problems of always on or always off. You say that it is going on then off... that leads me to think that it is not the sensor. How is your oil level? Maybe try some lighter oil for a few rides to get it all flowing freely? Another thing you should check is the connection to the actual light behind the dash. It could be loose... mine was and was giving me false readings. You should have the red light on before you start your bike and then it should go off quickly when pressure builds to sufficient levels. My thinking here is maybe your sensor is damaged producing an always on condition but maybe the connection to the light is not solid giving you on and off readings.... just a thought. Good luck and welcome to the forum... I forgot the welcome in my first post.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need help!!!

thanks for the help and the welcome. I'll change the oil and let you know. Thanks again

Old 05-19-2006, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Need help!!!

since it's a used bike I'd strongly recomend cleaning the oil screen at the bottom of the oil reservoir it has killed more than a few motors out there and the red light will come on if your starving the system of oil.