CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outy 800 problems/reliability issues?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outy 800 problems/reliability issues?

if you follow the maintenance guide in the owners manual you should remain a happy rider.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, i was trying to help, excuse me di** head. And yes, AC has the H1, which is all AC, and the V2, which has a kawi motor, and who cares? AC sells plenty of products, and people are happy.
>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;

No need to get personal. If you were trying to help then you should have been better informed on what the Renegade is.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

Back on topic-

I have an 800 and love it, plush ride and tons of power. Havent had any problems with it, have about 400 miles on it, my boss has an 800 too and he has around 800 miles on his without any problems either. Both of our have 5 year warranties(they offered these for free last fall) and i dont expect to have any major issues in the next 5 years, its an awesome bike. For 07 they didnt change anything on them.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Lfraga
chirochris and azsandrider, thank you for your replies.

What's the matter with the other replies? Come on here again with another question and I'll make damn sure it doesn't get answered by me anyway.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer

[quote]
Originally posted by: kawiyowee
Originally posted by: Lfraga
chirochris and azsandrider, thank you for your replies.

What's the matter with the other replies? Come on here again with another question and I'll make damn sure it doesn't get answered by me anyway.

I was referring to the other replies.
Following my post prior to the one you quoted, there were 6 replies. Yours and the ones by chirochris and azsandrider.
The other three were off topic. As they were related to the Renegade, when posting my thanks I directed them to the people who addressed my questions.
However, during the elaboration of my post, I unfortunately forgot to mention yours.
For that mistake, I sincerely apologize.
I read it though, as you can see by my last post, as I addressed the issue of being able or not to return home riding after reliability issues on the trails.

So I thank you for your post and apologize one more time.

To the others who are continuing in giving their contribution to this topic, same here. Thanks.

And please feel free to keep posting your opinions.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

Only a couple hundred miles here but problem free. I would definetly suggest this machine. The machine does seem to put out more heat than my Twin Peaks but nothing intolerable.
The only upgrades I might suggest is better splash guards and a skid plate if your island is rocky.
I don't think you can go wrong. I also got a 42 month warranty just last month for free. If anything goes wrong, BRP pays.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Trailblazer

I love my outty 800 , but sure, it does have a couple of quirks.
I was riding last weekend, very slow through bush and man does that bike get hot.
Damn near burns my legs off!!!!!
I notice my fan hardly ever comes on.
What is the best fix, extra heat shields? ceramic coating? or an upgrade fan sensor???

Old 06-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Lfraga - I understand now about your post.

On my last ride, she started dying on me when I stopped. I'm going out now and ck the air filter and will post back. BTW, the air filter takes entirely too much time for something that needs to be maintained after every dusty ride. BRP dropped the ball on that one.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: pads
I don't think you can go wrong. I also got a 42 month warranty just last month for free. If anything goes wrong, BRP pays.
That is one of the problems.
As I said before, the portuguese importer leaves a lot to be desired... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
It did not address the problems I had with my 400...

Originally posted by: truckguy
I love my outty 800 , but sure, it does have a couple of quirks.
I was riding last weekend, very slow through bush and man does that bike get hot.
Damn near burns my legs off!!!!!
I notice my fan hardly ever comes on.
What is the best fix, extra heat shields? ceramic coating? or an upgrade fan sensor???
I own an Arctic Cat 500 automatic.
It's the european version, with special homologation parts to become street legal.
The problem is they use a remus exhaust that is incredibly restrictive and they also change the carburation.
Because the exhaust gases take so long to exit the exhaust system, the header becomes incredibly hot, and the heat rises to the point of becoming much more than a mere annoyance.

The fix for this problem is to mount an aftermarket exhaust, with freer flowing characteristics, and to change the carburation accordingly.

This might work for the 800 too.
I even asked if this would work on the 800 on a previous post, but got no response...
If someone has done this mod, please tell us if you did notice any improvment on this issue (besides more power, obviously! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )

Lfraga - I understand now about your post.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

On my last ride, she started dying on me when I stopped. I'm going out now and ck the air filter and will post back. BTW, the air filter takes entirely too much time for something that needs to be maintained after every dusty ride. BRP dropped the ball on that one.
I hope it's nothing serious.
Please keep us updated.