CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

off Topic

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default off Topic

What is this world coming to?

FLINT (WJRT) - (06/11/06)--A popular local street racer loses his fight, after being shot multiple times on Flint's north side.

Flint Police have identified the victim as 26-year-old Adam McIntosh. McIntosh was shot three times near the corner of Dort and Stewart just before 3:00 this morning. Right now - friends of the victim are remembering his life. Witnesses say Adam McIntosh - often referred too as Opey - was just sitting in a parking lot with friends. He was showing off his Camaro when three guys in another vehicle pulled up, started trouble, and then shot McIntosh three times. Sunday afternoon, many of McIntosh's closest friends and other local racers painted a memorial for him at the Rock in Flint. They hugged and even shed tears after learning of the his death. Friends say that he was in the process of getting engaged. They say he was very well known in the area for street racing and he even raced in a number of local competitions. McIntosh was taken to Hurley Medical Center in critical condition early this morning, but later died.

Friends say that he will forever be known as one of the greatest street racers in the Flint area.

Flint police tell ABC12 news that they are still searching for suspects in this murder.

The suspect was last seen driving a late model black Camaro with a white racing strip.

If anyone has any information about this shooting, you are asked to call the Flint Police Department.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default off Topic

Is this another test? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider
Default off Topic

Interesting that Sunday Afternoon, the friends were hugging and painting memorials and crying over the fact they had learned of his death, but later in the artical it advises that the dude was takin' to the Hospital early this morning but later died.....

Old 06-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default off Topic

Is this for real with a few mistakes by a dumbass reporter or is this a joke to see if we catch on?

Old 06-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Trailblazer
Default off Topic

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
Interesting that Sunday Afternoon, the friends were hugging and painting memorials and crying over the fact they had learned of his death, but later in the artical it advises that the dude was takin' to the Hospital early this morning but later died.....
At the top the artical was dated 6/11/2006 and said he was shot at 3:00 in the morning. That's a Sunday, so If this was on the Sunday evening news it could be legit.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2006, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider
Old 06-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default off Topic

Living as close to detroit im suprised this suprised you.A couple of coworkers
live in flint and told me its no better than detroit.Its a shame this happens but
it does not suprise or shock me.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default off Topic

Originally posted by: atvaddict01
Living as close to detroit im suprised this suprised you.A couple of coworkers
live in flint and told me its no better than detroit.Its a shame this happens but
it does not suprise or shock me.
I live in Flint and have all my life (34 years), and Detroit is far worse than Flint.

I have done every thing from deliver pizza to repossessing cars in Flint & Detroit. For the last five years I have worked part time (Evening after my full time job) for a towing company that does all of the auto impounding for the Flint City police department.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default off Topic

Maybe since youve lived there your whole life youve not noticed the changes.
I dont know if flint is good or bad.If i hear that its not a great place ill stay away.
Used to enjoy going to detroit till i got shot at.why take the chance.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default off Topic

This is very tragic...but I thought 8 mile was the worst of the worst in Michigan...much less in Flint, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: off Topic