CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lack of respect for the DS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lack of respect for the DS?

I was at the dunes this weekend doing some hill drags and my stock bore was doing very well but it seems that still some just dont believe that a DS can really move.I raced a Polaris drag quad that is actually very fast with a snowmobile motor and stretched out chassis and i beat him up the hill and when i posted this on (another) forum one of the responses i got was (LMAO!!!!).I am finding that when i can out run some of the two strokes it seems to actually make some of them angry.This is supposed to be fun right?I raced a few quads at one time including a new 450 Suzuki which was not stock and really hauled and i beat them all and when i got to the bottom of the hill i heard one of the group comment that(that guy was really pushing the sh#t out of that thing) as if there was something wrong with that thats the point of being in a race is it not.I should mention that the pilot of the Polaris is a kid of about 80 or 90 lbs who can really ride and that made it even tougher to beat him since i am 230 lbs on a good day.I am going to continue to tweak here and there to make my Baja even faster so that i can enjoy some of these wins and of course there will be plenty of losses but i can live with that.The lack of respect that the DS seems to get at the hill even after performing is what will probably push me to build a full on big bore.I am just venting but i am starting to see that some just cant handle seeing the DS pass them by on the drag hill and thats too bad because i will only make this thing faster in the future.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

lol, sweet
keep em sweatin

Old 06-20-2006, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

After getting another response i guess that i took the LMAO!!! the wrong way on( the other forum )but still the attitude i see when drag racing my DS gets a little old.You would think that getting these heavy machines to move so fast would be looked at as quite the accomplishment but it does seem to irritate some.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I actually get a kick out of the "other guys" who just cant get over the fact that there are a few "fast" DS 650's on the sand.

But what really gets under your skin is when one of "our own"...yes, I mean DS 650 brotha's, get bent out of shape and actually join forces with the "other guys" when you mop them up on a "bolt-on" bike.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I feel your pain. I can't even get any respect from my own family members. There always calling my bike slow. They even tell me that the DS stands for DANG SLOW.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Ya I get that allot too.
It is funny I will be at patton hill Gordons wells sand dunes and their will be a few guys racing the hill and as soon as I put my helmet on riders come out and challenge me I love the looks and head shakes I get when I beat them. I don't beat them all but I do my share I rebuilt my motor and I am running 58HP on motor and 78 with a shot so this year should be fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

Is that what it is???? I just figured they were all still in Junior High, and had an issue with the fat boy winning [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

In the immortal words of Rodney Dangerfield "No Respect"

Old 06-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DragonDJ11
Is that what it is???? I just figured they were all still in Junior High, and had an issue with the fat boy winning [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

In the immortal words of Rodney Dangerfield "No Respect"
Agree... they hate seeing the fat kid win... its even worse when they get a little sand in their eyes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: duneittilludie
I was at the dunes this weekend doing some hill drags and my stock bore was doing very well but it seems that still some just dont believe that a DS can really move.I raced a Polaris drag quad that is actually very fast with a snowmobile motor and stretched out chassis and i beat him up the hill and when i posted this on (another) forum one of the responses i got was (LMAO!!!!).I am finding that when i can out run some of the two strokes it seems to actually make some of them angry.This is supposed to be fun right?I raced a few quads at one time including a new 450 Suzuki which was not stock and really hauled and i beat them all and when i got to the bottom of the hill i heard one of the group comment that(that guy was really pushing the sh#t out of that thing) as if there was something wrong with that thats the point of being in a race is it not.I should mention that the pilot of the Polaris is a kid of about 80 or 90 lbs who can really ride and that made it even tougher to beat him since i am 230 lbs on a good day.I am going to continue to tweak here and there to make my Baja even faster so that i can enjoy some of these wins and of course there will be plenty of losses but i can live with that.The lack of respect that the DS seems to get at the hill even after performing is what will probably push me to build a full on big bore.I am just venting but i am starting to see that some just cant handle seeing the DS pass them by on the drag hill and thats too bad because i will only make this thing faster in the future.
Sounds like you should be proud of yourself. You brought a fat girl to the dance, and you showed em what she could do![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dont always pick on the fat girls, cause, they never know when there going to do it again.
So They Give it there all.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Lack of respect for the DS?