CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dunefest!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dunefest!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by: Bigdaddy660R
Originally posted by: DSNUT
They have plenty of sites available and the Chamber only charged me $60 for 5 nights and 5 wrist bands. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Ron.....How did you wheel the wrist bands????????
R they making deals over the phone??????

Thanks ahead for any help provided......Jim
I had to agree to a date sight-unseen.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] She sounded like she was in her 50's.................doesn't seem as old as it used to though......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

YFZfryguy called and told me I only got camping for that but I swear she asked how many wristbands I wanted then gave me the total.

I guess I will have to wait until the stuff comes in the mail that she's sending me.............I may have misunderestimated[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I heard through the grapevine that 222 might make a surprise showing. Anyone else hear that?......Probably mor rumor BS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Anyone know if AZSAND is coming with the Monorail, Turbocharged, Nitrous injected 800 stroker?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

DSnut, she must of had the hots for you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] when I talked to them at the chamber and reserved my spot in Salmon Harbor they said to buy my wrist bands when I checked in. Some guys have all the luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
DSnut, she must of had the hots for you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] when I talked to them at the chamber and reserved my spot in Salmon Harbor they said to buy my wrist bands when I checked in. Some guys have all the luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Ya that's the same story I got from them..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Nut you are 1 lucky guy.....LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
Can't really blame her...............lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Oh, on a serious note........I got the final word from AZSAND. He won't be attending. He has a big watersport event to attend. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Someone said he was willing to spot me 20 lengths. I guess I will have to wait until DS days for that race[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I sure hope you boys spent your money wisely for Dunefest.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
I sure hope you boys spent your money wisely for Dunefest.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Kind of hard for me to be cost efficient at Dunefest. It is the only groomed flat track sand drag that is only 300' with tree and traps on the Oregon coast. I don't care much for the idea of Albany or Riddle so I will have a wheelie bar, struts and worthless front tires for 1 race per year. Fortunately it only costs me a couple hundred to attend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Kind of hard for me to be cost efficient at Dunefest. It is the only groomed flat track sand drag that is only 300' with tree and traps on the Oregon coast. I don't care much for the idea of Albany or Riddle so I will have a wheelie bar, struts and worthless front tires for 1 race per year. Fortunately it only costs me a couple hundred to attend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You will get a glimpse into just how fast you have to be in order to be competitive in 300' sand drags, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You will get a glimpse into just how fast you have to be in order to be competitive in 300' sand drags, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
No doubt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I will continue to mostly do hill racing since hills are in great supply out west here. I will mostly be running a +8 swingarm in a well suspended chassis for Olds hill, the Sandmountain's, St. A's and of course Oregon.

Old 07-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Be sure and understand that a well built straightline drag bike will not perform to maximum efficiency on the hill and visa versa, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]....I dont care how much power your making, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Be sure and understand that a well built straightline drag bike will not perform to maximum efficiency on the hill and visa versa, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]....I dont care how much power your making, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
That makes a lot of sense. I have many compromises to allow me to use the same race bike for both that are slowing me down. I have to absorb the cost of the motor build for awhile. I will start working on getting my bike down into the 300's after DS days.

Right now I have to focus on paying my racing credit line off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Dunefest!!!!!!!!!!