CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Honestly-What are the chances of a new 2 stroke from Bomb??

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2000, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the chances of a new 2stroke coming from Bomb? I am considering buying a new Banshee, but if Bomb is really gonna make a new 2stroke, I would hold off.The DS,Raptor and new sport bike from suzuki aren't my style, so do you think I should hold off? thanks.

Old 11-29-2000, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

Honestly?

Unless Bombardier plans to market in Bangaladesh or Afghanistan (where somewhat liberal emission standards prevail), chances are zero.

Diogenes

Old 12-01-2000, 03:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think buying a brand new ATV right now is a good idea if: you have the money and absolutly LOVE the model you are buying. I believe now to be a horrible time to buy a brand new ATV if: you are even the least bit unsure. Within the next couple of years, manufacturers will likely be releasing the most new sport models this industry has ever seen. If you buy an ATV now, and you don't totally love it, you could end up regreting it in a year or two.

I personally don't believe the chances of a new 2-stroke are out of the question. I forget what the count was, but there are 20+ (probably like 40-60) 2-stroke powered ATVs, Motorcycles, etc on the market now. While I do believe they could be on their way out, I think they've got a few years left in production. If you want a collectors item, the last year they make production models is going to be the year to own in a 2-stroke.

Old 12-02-2000, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider

BlackHawk,

I agree, if you want one, go buy it.

I also know there are the folks whom will never buy one because there might be a better one coming out next week.
Sort of lt like the old IBM slogan "How good its going to be", but takes years if ever to happen.

Everyone would love to see Bombardier come out with a 2 stroke 130 hp (Like in the SeaDoo), but in reality dont hold your breath. For a few reasons, as the post above mentioned the emmision standards etc, a good point.
Bombardier indicates they are not interested in any 2 stroke ATV.
If Bombardier did come up with a emmision freindly monster 2 stroke with the computer injection and no smoke etc, few could afford it, and would windup like the Pontiac Firebird turbine car, ie sounds good, looks good, makes everyones heart go zoom, but zero beyond concept idea. NO MONEY, NO SALES to cover cost of production = DEAD

I would love to see an overpowered ATV, but I also know how the lawyers sit on fence rows looking for meat.

That is how I see it.

Old 12-02-2000, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

if you want to know that bad call them.honestly,we dont have a clue just what we hear through the grapevine.

Old 12-03-2000, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

Well, thats what i'm looking for brother.Advice through the grapevine.

Old 12-04-2000, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

none.

Old 12-06-2000, 10:57 AM
Banned

Barry,

I used to own a TRI-Z 250 just like yours. I should have never sold it. Have you had any problems with your carb?

IronBear

Old 12-06-2000, 10:57 AM
Banned

Barry,

I used to own a TRI-Z 250 just like yours. I should have never sold it. Have you had any problems with your carb?

IronBear

Old 12-06-2000, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

A fellow TRI-Z fan, glad to meet ya.Well funny you should ask, i'm having a problem right now that I assume to be the fuel pump.It's running "rough" it starts in 1 or 2 kicks, but doesn't run strong and gas is coming out of the overflow tube on the carb when is gas it.I think its either the fuel pump or float height.But all that minor stuff aside, its a bulletproof arm ripping beauty, and I love it! Why did you sell yours?

Quick Reply: Honestly-What are the chances of a new 2 stroke from Bomb??