CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

rwr drag pipe!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

elimanated my airbox today, along with adding rwr drag pipe!!!! let me say ammmmmmmmaaazing difference I believe its everything and way more!!! as soon as i get the right axle from durablue hopefully this will be the third and right one!! i can put my odp swingarm on cause it is surely needed! i thought with the 520 conversion i had the sprockets covered need bigger!!! with all the mods i have done this is the most seat of the pants difference by far!!! the torque is off the hook! was waiting to dyno with my new rear end build but could not wait any longer . I am taking bike to kelly at kms tommorrow!! once i get axle in i will assemble the new complete from top to bottom rear end and re-dyno to see difference in lighter parts, 520 conversion and so on and so on!! if you already have a rwr exhaust system with know sound limitations, I highly suggest you go the extra mile and feel the power!!

Old 09-08-2006, 07:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

I was able to go up 1 tooth in the front and down 2 teeth in the back and still launch the bike in 2nd gear with 13-paddle extremes on all motor. (Bare in mind, this motor is still stock) That was with a 16/40 gearing. The pipe make a huge difference in the torque department. I really feel like Im gonna be able to run a 16/38 without any issues.

Congrats on your new found power. Your gonna like it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

Its a great pipe and I too went with the 520 and should see how it is this weekend.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

Originally posted by: MrMeaner
Its a great pipe and I too went with the 520 and should see how it is this weekend.
You better get that beast ready....about 5 weeks and counting.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

Oh it will be ready

Old 09-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

I am running the ron woods system rite now. What kind of gains do you think I would get if I went with the drag pipe?
Anybody got any pictures of one installed on their bike?

Old 09-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

Also how does the ron woods pipe compare to other builders drag pipes?

Old 09-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

I think the RWR drag pipe will give you a significant amount of torque over the standard RWR pipe. But you will have to endure the loud constant noise of the drag tip. But afterall, thats the reason why they call it a drag pipe, LOL!

Now, I have ran the HPR Ugly stick and Im currently running the RWR drag pipe. I feel the HPR Ugly stick is a better pipe for all motor applications. But I will also admit, it felt a little sluggish compared to the RWR drag pipe even on motor. Now, on the nitrous, there isnt any comparison....the RWR drag pipe pulls like a freight train and I was able to pull much higher gears just by switching pipes with the same exact shot of nitrous. The higher I geared, the more the pipe liked it, which in turn, the faster the spiderbike went.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

I went from the full Woods exaust to the Drag Pipe and saw a huge difference on the dyno and on the sand. The drag pipe make a ton more early power and torque.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default rwr drag pipe!!!

One other thing you need to really consider when choosing a drag pipe is the way your gonna mount it. I personally like the RWR drag pipe's mounting feature.

Quick Reply: rwr drag pipe!!!