CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Wish Can Am would build a Rhino Type 800cc

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wish Can Am would build a Rhino Type 800cc

Now we are talking if Can Am could a Rhino Type with that 800cc EFI motor now that would be a fun toy in the sand!

Old 11-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Pro Rider

Oh I'll say I would be all over that!!! In a heart beat!

Old 11-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

I would too, but I keep hearing they are happy with there MAX 2 seater quad sales and that the side by side type 2 seater is not on the Radar for can-am. I think our best hope for a powerfull v-twin offroad rhino type two seater is going to be with Kawi. I do fully expect Yamaha to up there rhino to the new Grizz EFI 686 motor.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Range Rover

I would like to see one too. But I would guess it would be heavier and cost alot more!

Old 11-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

I little off topic. BRP has a side-by-side sled... it looks kinda ugly, but unique. I cant remember what size of motor is in the sled. I could see a side-by-side from Can-am in the near future.

Old 11-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: smoothguy
I would like to see one too. But I would guess it would be heavier and cost alot more!
Dude... smoothguy, what the h&ll is your deal man. Its always about how heavy and expensive BRP products are. Hey if you don't like them don't buy them. You made the same sort of remark in the other thread about the DS being heavy and slow. Well my DS is far from slow... and the heavy part... well, I think your pea shooters may not be big enough to horse that moose around. I'm 6'5" and tip the scales at about 3 and a half.... I need some weight under me. To ride a machine that is the same weight as I am, does not work. Whenever I help my buddies load their Banshees and YFZ's in their trucks I just laugh. I bet I could throw a Banshee on my back and do laps around the camp.LOL But I'm getting off track here... my point is, not everyone is going to like the same machine (thats a good thing)... If you don't like BRP products... DON"T BUY THEM. I buy BRP because they are heavy and well made. Its like your trying to convince everyone here that BRP puts out a poor product.... you might have a tough time with that... seems like everyone but you is pretty happy with their purchase.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:37 PM
TPR
The Champ

So Fat Holley, are you going to check out any of the Baja 1000 this year?

I can't go, should have a baby here any day so goin to Mexico won't sit too well with the Mrs.

Should be at least 2 Renegades there for their official racing debut.

TPR

Old 11-02-2006, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hate to hi-jack a thread....

I find that the 700Griz is only selling for $300 - $700CDN less than the outtie around here... The other products mite be less in cost, but you get much less.

Heavy dont seem to slow the DS down... the other week i raced many diff. bikes. 700rappy and me switched wins. Only 1 i had problems is 450Z. He won 3of5 races He had 18" tires and i had 22" (short track)

on topic... BRP, where is my side-by-side!!! lol

Old 11-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TPR
So Fat Holley, are you going to check out any of the Baja 1000 this year?

I can't go, should have a baby here any day so goin to Mexico won't sit too well with the Mrs.

Should be at least 2 Renegades there for their official racing debut.

TPR
No probably not... This is dune season, and any extra time I have will be out there. I've been down before, and it's sweet, but the dunes are calling.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

A BRP/Can AM dealer, Desert Dog Offroad in Fountain Hills, Az is also a sand rail fabricator and they built a Rhino type vehicle using the drive train from an Outlander 650. They built it with 15" of travel in the front and 14" of travel in the rear. It is about the size of a Ranger. The vehicle has A LOT of power and will out do any Rhino!!!

They are going to make an 800 next.......

By the way, BRP sent engineers down to their shop to check it out, as BRP is interested in a side by side. The problem is BRP can not get enough engines built to fill all the quad orders so they dont't want to start another line of vehicles until the plant in Mexico is built. I figure BRP will come out with one in a couple of years.

If you want a Rotax powered RUV built right by fabricators who have offroad racing experience, call Desert Dog Offroad, (480) 837-0078.

Quick Reply: Wish Can Am would build a Rhino Type 800cc