CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

LTE dual exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LTE dual exhaust question

Do any of the experts on this fourm know if you have to relocate the battery box if you run the LTE dual exhaust?Just wondering if there was a clearence problem on the right hand side.

Old 02-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Battery box is fine. The dual pipes exit inside the subframe so your airbox has to go and you have to cut holes in the gussets at the back of the main frame for the mid pipes to travel through.

You will need to find a direct mount filter for your carb since there will not be room for the snorkle anymore.

Good luck! Those pipes aren't bad but they aren't the best for power. There is no pipe on the market that sounds anywhere near as cool though!!!

Old 02-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanx for the reply DSNUT. That was the info i was looking for. The only mods i've made so far are 22" haulers and a 520 chain conversion. The next step is getting some more power out of the bomb, and i just thought those pipes looked cool as hell. Any suggestion on a pipe? I was also thinking about going with a 46mm lectron or a tm45. I don't think i'm going to open up the motor just yet, just stick with a stage one type of setup.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sure, you will get the best performance from the Top Gun.....assuming you don't want to use a really loud drag pipe.

You can get a Top Gun slip on for about $275 with the 12 disk end cap. Which is about a third the cost of the LTE and it makes the best power bottom to top of any pipe I have ever tried (except a reverse megaphone drag pipe).

Go to www.hpresearch.net to see one.

Don't get me wrong, the LTE's are a presence and are fun just to listen to them. Power isn't everything [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2007, 01:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanx again DSNUT......sounds like i'll be getting intouch with HPR. Do you know off hand how many DB's the top gun puts out? I ac tually got tested the last time i was at horsefalls........my old quadzilla actually passed. LOL

Old 02-09-2007, 01:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

On a mild build I tested at 98. My LTE system tested at 98 open and 95 with the quiet cores in. LTE with quiet cores will avoid a ticket. Top Gun will get you one if you get caught or are the loudest in a group but so will every other after market pipe (except LTE w/ quiet core). The LTE with the quiet cores in have less bottom end than stock. I never ran with the cores in. Couldn't stand it.

When I put the Top Gun on my 800 race motor it was 117, lol.

Aftermarket pipes are a pain in Oregon..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Pro Rider

about 2 years ago, dirt wheels did a piece on the lte's on a DS and dyno'd them. this was before it was known that the stock can, with the end tip, puts out some of the best power.

anyway, after taking off the stocker, and installing the lte's, there was a loss of over 10% of hp, claimed by the dyno #'s

it was like lte didn't do R and D, and just built stuff that looked cool

Old 02-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Duneriderx
thanx again DSNUT......sounds like i'll be getting intouch with HPR. Do you know off hand how many DB's the top gun puts out? I ac tually got tested the last time i was at horsefalls........my old quadzilla actually passed. LOL
I can tell you that the Top Gun is actually quiter then the RWR full exhaust. I have ran end caps, the HMF, RWR exhaust, and the Top Gun was hands down the best of those.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Brent - you get your Top Gun fixed yet?

Old 02-10-2007, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider

DSNUT...did HPR drop their price on the Top Gun? I thought it was $275 for the slip on and an extra $75 for the discs system?

Quick Reply: LTE dual exhaust question