CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

How far can I go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How far can I go?

Hi Guys,

Long time reader first time poster.. I'm really in a toss up between the Outlander and the Renegade. I'm really leaning towards the Renegade cause I like the sport handling... But I don't want to sacrifice ability if I have to do something extreme (I do a lot of wilderness camping - which means a lot of gear). I was wonder if anyone knows the capabilities of the Renegade in reference to mud, water crawling and long hauls (with out racks).

On a somewhat seperate note, what should I be looking at for a setup to do heavy water driving? Is it possible to get a setup that will float and just paddle along a lake?

Although I'm not from the US, I've added some videos of stuff I'd try and put it through. Enjoy

Water Pt. 1
Water Pt. 2

Edit: If I'm asking for the world, let me know.

foo

Old 02-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

either way you go outty or renegade snorkle your belt vents if you plan on riding in deep water. either way i think you would be happy. just because the outlander has racks doesnt mean it handles like a utility. there are stock upgrades to make it run with a renegade.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: BBR650
either way you go outty or renegade snorkle your belt vents if you plan on riding in deep water. either way i think you would be happy. just because the outlander has racks doesnt mean it handles like a utility. there are stock upgrades to make it run with a renegade.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
what do youy mean snorkle your belt vents????

Old 02-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

the cvt cover intake is in the frt left fenter well, the rear vents under the frame behind the motor. if you are planning on riding in water up to the front rack it would be best to snorkle your vents to keep from sucking in water and getting your belt wet.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

ok, gotcha.....