CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

why

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why

when i try to buy a can-am in the usa they tell me that they( the americans) they can't sell to a canadian residence??? I live on a border town(sault ste. marie) and its over 2k cheaper to buy in the us with exchange, duty(sorry tax. 14 %)??????????? what the f--- gives with this picture???.... sorry im upset??? ray

Old 02-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default why

so have a us freind buy it for you and then you buy it from him.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default why

if the usa sold to canada with the cheaper prices, then all of canada would buy from usa, mail order, traveling, etc., and your economy would crumble. its not that we won't sell to you, its that your country does not want us to. that's what gives.
but if I lived just across the border from ya, I'd help you out. hook up with a nice chap like supersonic suggests. but check your laws about registering and all that first, if you gotta register it in canada then they'll be asking you some questions about how you got it.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default why

There should be no reason why they won't sell it to you. I have been on 3 different cross board trips with friends that have bought quads in the US. It is a very easy process at the boarder as well, we are usually on our way with in 15 minutes. Also note that you will not have to pay duty if the bike is built in the US or Canada, I am not sure about Mexico.