CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

WEST COAST DS DAYS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WEST COAST DS DAYS!

seemed like we better start our own west coast post for DS days as one of those middle stater's over there was beggining to feel thread jacked. LOL. as I remember it speaking from a completely "neutral" point of veiw and having no strong feelings on the subject one way or the other.... several of you seemed to be leaning toward saint anthonys? not that I care either way but are reservations still required in that riding area or has is gotten easier to get a camping spot there? the only time I was there we stayed at sand hills resort which was nice but had some issues . there were only 2 spaces available when I called almost a month in advance for a camp spot and this was NOT on a holiday weekend. also all of my frieds who went up at the same time were camped all over the place. we couldnt circle the wagons and camp together so nothing was ever organized and we did few group rides. it was almost like going there alone. also, it seems like it was $25 or $35 a nite to camp and YOU HAD BETTER NOT PARK ON OR SET ANYTHING !!ON THE GRASS!!! or the grumpy old man in the golf kart will come rip your head off. LOL

Old 03-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider

St Anthony's Idaho.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Management is new there but you still can't park your bikes on the grass. It is more expensive there now too.

But Oasis has a dry camp area that is cheaper and we could be in a group kinda there. And you do have to have reservations and it will probably be hard to get everyone in one spot.

I would really like to go to Utah since I will be going to Idaho in June and July. So I pick Utah. I would also go for Fallon again. But that is my second choice.

Idaho is great but not really practical for all. JMO.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Damn Yankees! I'm tellin' ya, we need to have it down South here. Glamis or Dumont. If I can make it though i would love to try StAnns on for size.
Kinda like SST on this one, neutral, but in a partial sort of way.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Like I said before I would be willing either Halloween or Christmas break in Dumont. But as for Labor day I plan on being in Utah as of right now.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Id like to come out and explore all the wonderful places that so many take for granted out west.

Set up the dates and lets see if we can make a deal.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

we do a week long trip to glamis every year over xmas to newyears vacation so that time of year is out for me. hasn't ds days always been on laborday weekend? just about everyone is going to want ds days to be at the closest sand area to them (of course). seems to figure it shouldnt be held in the same place year after year and should be somewhere new or somewhere where it hasnt been the previous year anyway. I think we have to consider what the climate would be like the time of the year the event would be held and take this into consideration. for instance oregon would be wonderful weather, probably 70's at most but glamis or dumont over labor day weekend would be probably 110 to 120 degrees? they dont call it "death valley" for nothing . LOL. utah and nevada would probably be similar in temp , maybe high 80's low 90's? cant say about idaho as I have never been there that time of year. to be honest though I would imagine that if labor day is the time than utah, oregon, nevada or maybe idaho would be the choices . I'm still feelin real neutral man....

Old 03-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]just let me know.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: supersonictoys
we do a week long trip to glamis every year over xmas to newyears vacation so that time of year is out for me. hasn't ds days always been on laborday weekend? just about everyone is going to want ds days to be at the closest sand area to them (of course). seems to figure it shouldnt be held in the same place year after year and should be somewhere new or somewhere where it hasnt been the previous year anyway. I think we have to consider what the climate would be like the time of the year the event would be held and take this into consideration. for instance oregon would be wonderful weather, probably 70's at most but glamis or dumont over labor day weekend would be probably 110 to 120 degrees? they dont call it "death valley" for nothing . LOL. utah and nevada would probably be similar in temp , maybe high 80's low 90's? cant say about idaho as I have never been there that time of year. to be honest though I would imagine that if labor day is the time than utah, oregon, nevada or maybe idaho would be the choices . I'm still feelin real neutral man....
I think it should still be over labor day also. There is also Coral Pink to think about. Never been there before.

I am neautral too. But just weighing all the options.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

Yall let me know.

Quick Reply: WEST COAST DS DAYS!