CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

new 800 xt

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 800 xt

Picked up my new Outtie the other day. had our first real ride Monday. We had a Renegade, a Polaris 800, a 660 Grizzly, and my Outtie. I was amazed with the power. Wheelies with a winch and skid plates like nothing. Quite a bit faster then the Polaris and the Griz. the Renegade was marginally faster probably weight difference only (I am probably 60# heavier than the other rider and machine weight differences). We switched off a couple of times. While on the Polaris I noticed the suspension was alot plusher. Someone wrote somewhere that the Outtie and the Polaris were comparable. Was that Outtie on the softest suspension setting? I haven't tried to change my settings yet. I'd have to say the Polaris is the nicest riding machine out there. The Polaris also kept a lot more mud off the rider. Overall the fun factor just isnt there on the Polaris, the Outtie rips! I did notice a bit of like "gear whine". I rode the Renegade and didn't hear it. The Renegade owner said he heard it when the Renegade was newer. Is this whine something that goes away after break in?

Old 04-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Range Rover
Default new 800 xt

I have been trying to decide between the Sportsman 800 and Outty 800. That Stealth black edition was nice as hell. What year was the Sportsman 800 you rode. They say the 07 are alot better on the bottem end clutching and hook up quicker. Most quads come set right in the middle or half way on the firmest. I don't know about the Outty the dealer may have it adjusted differently.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default new 800 xt

It was a good ride and that Outlander pulls harder than I thought. She had a blast, now I have to get yet another quad for her to go riding with us on. Enjoy your vacation. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default new 800 xt

dude, i picked up my outlander a week ago, and i put 13 hours on it so far, and there is still that gear howl....... i am going to ask the mech. tommorow if it does go away. And as for the mud on the rider, i bought fender flares for her and let me tell u, u stay pretty clean, although i havent gone through too much heavey duty mud holes yet, probly could if it stopped snowing. But with out them on, yes, u will get muddy. Other than that, congrads on the new ride.