CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Engine builder from the past. . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine builder from the past. . .

I had heard Sam Coe ended up at Alba. . . looks like they are actually advertising it now. . .

Alba has Sam Coe

A few years back Sam Coe had his own shop and actually put together a big-bore stroker kit that consisted of a Yamaha Raptor connecting rod (yea, the same connecting rod that breaks in the 660 Raptors!!!!

He left a number of people high and dry. . . do a search if you want to know more.

The guy closed his doors and if I remember right there were people that had to do a lot to get their motors back from him.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

I think I can remeber these discussions the last time I was on the fourm, bout 2 years ago I think. He has some neck coming back into the buisness when you think about it.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

I wrote off Alba a long time ago. When my buddy was getting his new LTZ big bore dynoed I started asking questions about what they were doing to DS's these days (playing dumb) and the guy says they don't recommend aftermarket carbs for the DS. I then asked what (if anything) they had heard about the Lectron or Mikuni TM45, and the guy says all their dyno testing says the stock carb puts out more juice. I wanted to laugh in the little dudes face. Its no surprise to me that the first pipe they put out for the DS actually lost power, and this was conformed on several different dynos. They have since completly changed the design to look like the HMF. Now they are hyping Sam Coe as their lead tech... no wonder the Banshee they put together for another friend of mine has taken three seasons to work the bugs out.... all their fault I might add. Yea I'm a SD local... Alba is less than 20 minutes from my front door... and all I will use them for is a little bling or OEM parts. Sorry Alba.. its too bad because I usually make a point to support local businesses.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Yes the famous expolding ds engine trick.Actualy sam coe did offer to replcae my 720 kit but i did not opt to try his kits again.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Range Rover

Can you say KNUTZ,owes money and motors to menbers from 2002 ,and now sounds like MrHP going down same path[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Boomer84
Can you say KNUTZ,owes money and motors to menbers from 2002 ,and now sounds like MrHP going down same path[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
This is the kind of CLASS that has always endeared you to me, Gary.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

People need a heads up on these fly by night builders, too many people give to much trust and hard earned cash to these folks that up and disappeared and just pop back into the ATV industry hoping no baggage from the past follow them, granted every one deserves a second chance and I believe in that, but they have to earn it, Nut remember in the past threads you wrote of trust many times, it going to take time to build creditability and trust back in the ATV industry.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Actualy knutz did a fairly good job of fixin his mess and well the rest needs to be seen.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2007, 04:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, all HP Research has done has put people on hold. Everyone of its customers has had some sort of response. Only a very select few have decided it was in there best interest to make it public, and go else where. That in no way compares to someone who just decides to take someones engines and money mischeviously. People said the same thing about them when they were developing there 730 kits. Yet how many are out there happy with there big bores? How many were taken like you all said? none!

And Erb, no one that really wants what HPR has, has had any trust lost with them. The only ones that say there credibility will need to be earned, has either never bought anything from them, or really has no interest in what they offer to begin with. They have told every customer to give them time, or ask for a refund. How hard is that to comprehend? I will agree somethings should have be dealt with sooner. But sometimes life sucks. Deal with it!

I would have no problem sending them 5 grand at this point to have them build me an engine. But, since I have no need, I am just speaking hypothetically.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Actually, all HP Research has done has put people on hold. Everyone of its customers has had some sort of response. Only a very select few have decided it was in there best interest to make it public, and go else where. That in no way compares to someone who just decides to take someones engines and money mischeviously. People said the same thing about them when they were developing there 730 kits. Yet how many are out there happy with there big bores? How many were taken like you all said? none!

And Erb, no one that really wants what HPR has, has had any trust lost with them. The only ones that say there credibility will need to be earned, has either never bought anything from them, or really has no interest in what they offer to begin with. They have told every customer to give them time, or ask for a refund. How hard is that to comprehend? I will agree somethings should have be dealt with sooner. But sometimes life sucks. Deal with it!

I would have no problem sending them 5 grand at this point to have them build me an engine. But, since I have no need, I am just speaking hypothetically.

Jed said exactly what I think. Nuff said....

Quick Reply: Engine builder from the past. . .