CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

So what do you guys think ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what do you guys think ?

Well Iam buying a FMF Powercore 4 pipe for $150 off my buddies DS , will this get me any advantages other than a loud pipe ? And my light on my DS is terrablly dim and it seems the light switch is backwards because it gets dimmer on high and the brightest on low , so how would I fix this ? thanks guys

Old 06-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

The FMF Powercore 4 was the first pipe i ever put on my Baja, u get a noticeable powergain, and def sounds nicer, but i didnt like it, the mounting bracket broke and it started to fall apart, rivets came out of 'er, i wasnt happy with the slip on so i went with the Trinity, loved that pipe! Then i switched things up to an HMF pipe, very nice low end power and a deep tone, but i did like the full system pipes so i went with the Big Gun Evo X, the power is awesome and very distributed and sounds great too so im gonna stick with this one for a while. I do have an HMF exhaust if ur interested in that over ur bud's FMF

Old 06-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

what will you take for the hmf pipe?

Old 06-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Range Rover

Yeah what are you asking for the pipe ? I can get the FMF for $150 , but this is just a slip on not a full pipe so will i still get the noticable power gains ? and should I invest in a K@N air filter and jets ? If so what size jets should I need ? thanks

Old 06-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Go with hmf, big gun,ct,hpresearch,yoshimura, or ron woods. Fmf is junk in my opinion and doesnt flow good...specially the powercore 4...

Old 06-18-2007, 12:31 AM
Range Rover

well i just bought it and it gave me alot more low end and some top , it hasnt fallen apart at all and it been used for a good year now. Iam thinkin of takin my air box off and puttin a k&n clamp on and a outerwears on it and jettin it , do ya think it will help my preformance ?and if so on low and/or top end ? thanks

Old 06-18-2007, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

YES....take the airbox off but keep the tube between the filter and carb.. You will need to modify your carb to run like this but it will SCREAM afterwards. See oldmanracings carb mods for details but basically you take the clear tube off the side of the carb and replace it with a small k and n filter, you then take out your carb slide and drill 2 more holes in the bottom the same as the first two....and then if you havent already modified your carb slide spring you need to shorten it...or buy a 04 or later model carb spring. BE EXTREMELY careful going through ANY water after you do the no airbox mod...the water will take dirt through the k and n filter...ive had it happen. Im running a 187 main mikuni jet at 2500 feet above sea leval with this mod.

Old 06-18-2007, 12:56 PM
Range Rover

ok cool thanks alot for the info , ill be doing this mod very soon , will any k@n do thats made for a DS ?

Old 06-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Range Rover

also i was wonderin if ill beable to beat a moded 450r , 440ex , raptor 660, outlander 800 , they call claim they can smoke ds 's all day

Old 06-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Most likely just dont race to top end that outlander 800 will kill ya.And the 450r's should also beat ya with your mods.I changed my gearing so i could tie on the holeshot.raptor ya.440ex sometimes my old 440ex was a good runner.Get rid of the turf tamers only gonna hurt you in the long run.

Quick Reply: So what do you guys think ?