CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What's your Summer Dune Trip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's your Summer Dune Trip?

What do you have going this summer?

Which dunes are you going to?

When you going?

Who are you going with?

What are you looking forward too the most about the trip?

We are going to Oregon Dunes - Coos Bay. Camping on the Sand! (Hope I don't get stuck!), We'll be there July 20-27. Going with my normal group. . . bunch of people from the Sacramento, CA Area.

Can't wait to ride the new bike on the trails and tear it up in the rail. Want to get some time trail riding with the family. I'm also looking forward to taking a nap in the nice cool coast air. How 'bout you?

Old 06-18-2007, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

We will be at the Oregon Dunes as well. We are going from June 30-July5. We will be staying up in the Florence area, with a trip or two to Winchester during that time. Crash and I are bringing the whole family on this one, and looking forward to the cool ocean breez and killer rides. We will be hooking up with RaptorRandy, DSnut, possible scatterbrain, Duneit, and the whole Oregon crew. 2 weeks and counting, and I for one am getting pumped!!!!!

Old 06-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

I really hate hearing you Oregon guys riding during the summer. Way too hot down here. I'm envious for sure. I finally have some time and riding season for So Cal is done. Maybe next year I'll get out more than 6 times.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well our next trip will be July 7th-15th to St. Anthony our normal group plus a few newbies. Staying at Sand Hills.

August Probably 3rd or 4th-8th we will be in Little Sahara UT. Staying at Oasis this time. ( got some tent campers.)

Sept back to Fallon for DS Days. Can't wait to meet up with anyone that comes.

Then October back to Winnemucca The weekend before Halloween. Should be fun.

If anyone wants to join in just let us know you will be there and we will all hook up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not technically a dune trip but I am planning to make it out to Mammoth Lakes OHV area this summer. From the pics I have seen of the area it looks to be some of the most beautiful country I have seen out west.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSengineer

Not technically a dune trip but I am planning to make it out to Mammoth Lakes OHV area this summer. From the pics I have seen of the area it looks to be some of the most beautiful country I have seen out west.</end quote></div>

Hey do you have any more info on that OHV area... I've not heard of it but Mammoth is deffinetly beautiful country.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: FatHolly

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSengineer

Not technically a dune trip but I am planning to make it out to Mammoth Lakes OHV area this summer. From the pics I have seen of the area it looks to be some of the most beautiful country I have seen out west.</end quote></div>

Hey do you have any more info on that OHV area... I've not heard of it but Mammoth is deffinetly beautiful country.</end quote></div>

Here is a large map of the general area.Mammoth I will be staying at either Glass Creek or Hartley Springs campground. You can also go to this site for maps of the various OHV trail loops. trail loops

Old 06-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, our trip this year is not going to turn out. But we will have our usual weekends at St Anns. Hopefully next year in Oregon. DuneMe, wish I could join ya. I am envious!

Old 06-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'm planning on going to DS Day's too. Would like to hit Winnemuca dunes sometime too. . . may try to hook up out there Cynick. . .

On a side-note Viper. . . I have to go to Canada again this year. . . I think I'll try to stop by that CN tower again and just walk around to see if "SHE" show's up!!! I would pay admission to see those TWIN towers for sure!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anyone going to Pismo for the Beach Race this year? A few in my group want to go. I told them I'm not racing but, I may be willing to go down there and drink beer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DuneMe

I'm planning on going to DS Day's too. Would like to hit Winnemuca dunes sometime too. . . may try to hook up out there Cynick. . .

On a side-note Viper. . . I have to go to Canada again this year. . . I think I'll try to stop by that CN tower again and just walk around to see if "SHE" show's up!!! I would pay admission to see those TWIN towers for sure!!! [img][/img]

Anyone going to Pismo for the Beach Race this year? A few in my group want to go. I told them I'm not racing but, I may be willing to go down there and drink beer [img][/img]</end quote></div>

We would be more than happy to show you around Winnemucca. Anytime. This is pretty much home for us it is only about 2hrs from us so we go there more than anywhere else. It will be fun just let us know.

And that invitation goes for anyone.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: What's your Summer Dune Trip?