CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Question of how much an entire engine build costs.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question of how much an entire engine build costs.

Right now, they are hard to come by. I know Randal with HPR is working his way through everything, and I really believe that he will be up and running again soon...Keep and eye on the garage thread, people are occasionally tripping over them, That is how I got mine....We have three DS's in our hold, and we have all done things to different levels at this point, and have tried a few different routes. I will send you a PM with my number.......

Old 06-30-2007, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

I dont have to do different cams right away right i plan on maybe a tm48 carb with maybe 12:1 compression.And havent decided on the clutch part yet.I just want a decently quick average quad nothing real expensive i dont ride enough to put alotta money in her.lol

Old 06-30-2007, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nathan,
My build has taken a year and a half. I did it in this order and it worked out real well for me.

1st: I did 60% RW clutch springs, NoToil air filter and a Big Gun CDI. It just made sense to me as they all helped for the mods coming later.

2nd: Then I did all the OMR mods on the stock carb, including all the airbox mods, ported my intake and made a slipon. (The only reason I made my own slipon is that NONE of the ones out there meet the Oregon Dunes sound requirements.)

3rd: I got a TM45 off the garage thread from Mr. Meaner and modded the airbox.

4th: I installed a used ported head with HPR HR2 cams off the garage thread from Pipelayer, a lightened flywheel from THEBOM and an 11.5 JE piston.

Every step made me say WOW, that really helped! Total cost for all of the above was $1160.00

I do not know how much they added, but I do know it runs very well right now and I'm very very happy with my build and hope it will last years and years[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Good luck on your build.
Scott

Old 06-30-2007, 05:14 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DragonDJ11

Right now, they are hard to come by. I know Randal with HPR is working his way through everything, and I really believe that he will be up and running again soon...Keep and eye on the garage thread, people are occasionally tripping over them, That is how I got mine....We have three DS's in our hold, and we have all done things to different levels at this point, and have tried a few different routes. I will send you a PM with my number.......</end quote></div>

Did you ever get finished with your "custom" dual exhaust?