CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

My DS jumping 10 cars

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My DS jumping 10 cars

Hi. So far these are the only pics/vids I've gotten back.

I did these over the week-end at Ohio City Lambert Days. I've included one at 9 cars & one with my son so that you can see the red chevy car. Its hard to see in the pics of 10 that there isnt just 9. The red car is hid by people. I know how keyboard Rambos can be. So this way there is no question a 2001 DS650 with stock suspension did this.

Gage and I

9 cars

10 cars

10 cars again

Old 07-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Dude that is way cool you and dsahlic should hang out some time he is the only person i have ever seen fly the ds like that.Way to repersent.[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! You would think more people would come and watch.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Did you ever get your quad back or replace it?

Old 07-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Ya I was disappointed some. The show was late though. More kids came out for the Saturday afternoon show. Under the lights was cool though.
Its amazing how many people say its nothing, they would do it or they will buy a quad and do it. Idiots even more than me. I always say two easy steps.
1. Build ramps
2. Jump cars

Funny how no one else goes through with it....

azsand, I need to see dsaholics pics! I love jumping the DS to be honest. I need a smaller quad but the DS feels like home to me.

btw, here is a cute vid of the pics. jackass

Old 07-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You'd be surprised how many people land in the hospitols doing it too.... the infamous black 440 was once the the infamous dune jumper. We would rock natural ramps dune to dune. And then one day with the sun in my eyes i thought i had a good 30 Deg landing WRONG IT WAS 6 OR SO. It measured out 63'and i flat landed and woke up to the all familar WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP yes it was my first life flight.2 weeks later my son who was is in sand time as the ultimate fly boy.On his yfz450 . had his throttle stick in 5th gear up a 80' roller dune going after a 65' jump and completely cleared the jump and yes the same pilots picked him up. the good news is i got to ride in the helicopter concious.the only differance in what we did is that sand feels way nicer then if you come up short or long.OUCH[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

But i have never felt that good jumping my ds it dose land better but if the jump aint perfect you end up flying all cockeyed and thats no fun.some times the heart stress is worse then wiping out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Agreed. A couple times I've had it up on end straight up. Those landings hurt too. But grabbing the bront brakes helps come down because its so long. I flatlanded 60ft before of hard ground. Its crazy how bad that hurts! A friend once flatlanded over 100ft at a show. Needless to say he did go to the hospital. My 10 cars jump had a gap lip to lip of about 72-73ft. I landed down the ramp about 16-20 ft in the pics. Puts me close to a 90 ft jump or so. Both times my rear shock bottomed hard on the take off ramp. Good way to get thrown over the handlebars! I was ready to go 11 cars though, but then my friend came up short on his DS. He bent his wheel & axle and landed on his truck denting up the bed. He's OK though. But that ended our night. No pics of that yet.

I'm really nervous before a show, but once I get going I'm OK..... so far

Old 07-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Adrenalin ain't it beautiful.....its my favorite HIGH.....[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]next to beer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

01ds650 Couple questions for ya. Are you using stock suspension? What gear are you hitting those jumps? Also are you pinning it at all the way thru the jump or let off right as you take off? I LOVE Jumping the DS...and I had a friend who could sail further than I can however I feel sometimes the suspension is good but not for monster jumps. I bent a shock last year from A HARSH landing luckily I didn't get hurt. I don't feel as confident jumping as far on a smaller quad. If you were closer I'd be taking tons of pictures of your jump. Way to go. Impressive.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

dude that is badass. I dont have the experience nor ***** to attempt anything like that. The first try would be the worst. How do you know how fast to go? lol pretty tiny landing, doesnt leave much room for error. Props

Quick Reply: My DS jumping 10 cars